Rarest Motown 7 inch

Even though it was a promo only release (for Detroit Mayor Coleman Young) - it doesn't seem to go for much money- I've never seen a 

copy sell for over $200 USD.

I would think many of the early Tamla releases (Satintones, Nick and the Jaguars, Barrett Strong "Let's Rock" etc.) and the Supremes

"I Want A Guy" on Motown #1008, and the Miracles "Bad Girl" on Motown G1/G2 would be much rarer.

Edited by the yank
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Well a couple from my box which are Tough finds especially the SUPREMES only ever seen 2 or 3 of these . These will be for sale as breaking up collection. So offers considered contact for more info photos are actual Records I own.Cheers and Enjoy!! Dave 

20160608_125041.jpg

20160608_124942.jpg

20160608_124905.jpg

20160608_124921.jpg

Social source share

Guest keithhughes

Hi Steve

Well, all I can say is that when I came up with the idea of pressing "simulation copies" of the Blackberries' single as the vinyl disc for Motown Singles Volume 12A, I assured the Powers-That-Be that no copies, not even Test Pressings, existed. If this had turned up three years ago, I'd have been turned down (as I was when I suggested flooding the market with 2,500 copies of "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)" for Volume 6).

Well done. Wish I had £599.99. If you're still stuck with it in six months, drop me a line and I'll make you an offer!

Btw, re your piece at www.discogs, it seems from the surviving tapes that the Blackberries' LP was never completed, so I don't think it's been issued on CD. But if you've got a copy, let me know before you put it up for sale!

Best

Keith

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!