New York all nighters

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dig Deeper.? Dont think they were all-nighters. Last i heard they'd movedfrom brooklyn,still doing music acts in the Brooklyn venue.

Anyway,Michael Robinson (pomonkey) is the man to ask.

Matt Weingarden (mr.finewine), is still doing a night i believe in NY,or you could pm Greg Belson,he'd know.

Social source share

I used to get emails off DJ Honky with event updates, but those have now stopped and the face book for dig deeper kind of ground to a halt last year.

Would have loved to see Eula Cooper and some of the great acts they had on, but its not every week you can get to the big apple!

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Social source share

I visit NY on a fairly regular basis and have only managed to time one stay with a proper 60/70 northern soul event.....Subway Soul which is run by a guy called Phast Phreddie....... I did write a review of the event but as far as I know there hasn't been once since. Dave Withers(lives in NJ) has promised to let me know if another one is planned.

Botanica Bar down on 47 E Houston has a soul night on a Wednesday evening but there is not much in the way of dancing.....

Brooklyn Bowl (in Williamsburg) sometimes has a soul/motown evening with a live band but not a regular thing.

CLICK HERE for a link to the last Subway Soul event...

Edited by Rbman
Social source share

Hi guys, yes we put Dig Deeper on hiatus last year after 7 years of shows, will be talking later this year about what our future plans are, Matt still plays his Wednesday nights at Botanica, there are a few other events on and off too but a lot less than there used to be, it all goes in cycles so sooner or later will be more on offer for sure.

Social source share

Subway Soul is organized and promoted by Dawn Carrington.  Phreddie is the mainstay DJ, but I would calll this Dawn's event. 

The next event is tentatively scheduled for September.  As pomonkey said, Mr Fine Wine's Wednesday night gig is still going strong (after 20 years!)

There's also a regular (monthly?) gig in Crown Heights Brooklyn at a bar called "Friends and Lovers".  

Also some events in Queens. 

Email me closer to the time you'll be in town and I'll see if I can determine what will be happening while you're here. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!