World Column "so Is The Sun" Flip Side

Always quite liked World Column's "So is the sun" in a mental sorta late 70s all-nighter kinda style but never liked it that much to actually purchase a copy. Then I reads that the flip side of this tune is regarded as a deep soul classic. Mmm now I am intrigued/curious etc etc - anybody got an opinion or can anybody post up an mp3 please?

derek

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Always quite liked World Column's "So is the sun" in a mental sorta late 70s all-nighter kinda style but never liked it that much to actually purchase a copy. Then I reads that the flip side of this tune is regarded as a deep soul classic. Mmm now I am intrigued/curious etc etc - anybody got an opinion or can anybody post up an mp3 please?

derek

I great track indeed, can't do mp3's - not sure if this will do - just a bief snatch in a .wav. Often gets listed in those reader charts in the likes of Voices etc

Got to agree about the other side - always partial to those funkier things - more Cleethorpes than Wigan I would say

Mike

Social source share

derek

Hi Derek

Takes me back this record, nice unusual label and sleeve too.

My DEMO is Styrene and the Stock Copy is on Vinyl with anti slip around the label, just like in UK.

Tower_510a_DJ.jpgTower_510a.jpgTower_510.jpg

They are certainly eye catching.

Social source share

Hi Derek

Takes me back this record, nice unusual label and sleeve too.

My DEMO is Styrene and the Stock Copy is on Vinyl with anti slip around the label, just like in UK.

Tower_510a_DJ.jpgTower_510a.jpgTower_510.jpg

They are certainly eye catching.

I once owned a Tower test pressing of George Smith,i`ve had it,with spoken intro,even better label design than above,i wonder where it live`s now,and are they the same Tower records.

Social source share

I great track indeed

Often gets listed in those reader charts in the likes of Voices etc

Got to agree about the other side - always partial to those funkier things - more Cleethorpes than Wigan I would say

Mike

Hi Mike

I actually had it in me top 10 deep sides of all time in Voices circa 1990......nowts change i still love it!

Also always had a soft spot for 'So is the sun' too!

In fact..........and this is gonna sound sad.............i remember looking over the balcony at Wigan when Richard was playing this and was mesmurised at the beauty of the label.............there, i've said it :unsure:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Just had a listern to this and have to say, I dont like it :unsure: give me the a A side, unfortunately not got it on the psycodelic Tower lable, just the UK capitol, but it is a Demo :lol:

Social source share

I'm biased because Millbrand own the publishing rights to "So Is The Sun" and "It's Not Right" but both songs are great. It was a great double-sider.

And how often do you find a great flip side on a CD? Not very often.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Social source share

and this is gonna sound sad.............i remember looking over the balcony at Wigan when Richard was playing this and was mesmurised at the beauty of the label... :yes:

That was quite a risk, Steve. I think insurance companies call it "needless peril" to lean dangerously over a balcony just to get a glimpse of a multi-coloured record label as it rotates at 45 revolutions per minute.

Another example of "needless peril" is when trainspotters get dangerously close to fast-moving trains.

Have you ever tried that? It's quite a thrill.

:yes:

Paul Mooney

Social source share

That was quite a risk, Steve. I think insurance companies call it "needless peril" to lean dangerously over a balcony just to get a glimpse of a multi-coloured record label as it rotates at 45 revolutions per minute.

Another example of "needless peril" is when trainspotters get dangerously close to fast-moving trains.

Have you ever tried that? It's quite a thrill.

Paul Mooney

Oi Mr Mooney....you calling me a trainspotter :angry:

I resemble that remark :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hi Mike

I actually had it in me top 10 deep sides of all time in Voices circa 1990......nowts change i still love it!

Cheers

Steve

You were that man! And what a fantastic top 10 too.

1. Hynotized - Linda Jones

2. Not On the Outside - Linda Jones

3. Lou Courtney - Just To Let him Break your Heart

4. John Edwards - Exercise My Love

5. Sam Dees - After all

6. Debbie Taylor - I Don't Wanna

7. World Column

8.Oscar perry I Was Right/Come on Home

9.Shirley Brown - giving Up

10. Charles Beverley - Stop & think A Minute

How many still are?

Mike