Northern soul film question

Guest Yonky

Guest Yonky

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but this is my first time on the forum.

can someone explain to me how " love starved heart" was being played in the film, and yet it didn't see the light of day untill the early eighties I believe, or am I wrong? Just curious....

Social source share

As far as I am aware the unreleased Motown Rod Shard sourced from Robb Klein (Robb K on here) was first played at one of the SASofGB events in Manchester by Dave Withers in late 81 (October?).

Richard said he played TLSH late Wigan after getting an acetate?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, chalky said:

As far as I am aware the unreleased Motown Rod Shard sourced from Robb Klein (Robb K on here) was first played at one of the SASofGB events in Manchester by Dave Withers in late 81 (October?).

Richard said he played TLSH late Wigan after getting an acetate?

Chalky

How do you remember down to years and months ? FFS I'm going to start calling you 'Rainman'. :lol:

Drew

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Yonky

I thought I read somewhere that all the music in the film was true to the year it was set in, obviously not.i can't remember if the year was ever mentioned in the film, but it does start with " brand new key", Melanie which was 1971 

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Yonky said:

I thought I read somewhere that all the music in the film was true to the year it was set in, obviously not.i can't remember if the year was ever mentioned in the film, but it does start with " brand new key", Melanie which was 1971 

don't ever recall reading that or Elaine saying so either.

Social source share

Guest Byrney
On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 18:37, Yonky said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but this is my first time on the forum.

can someone explain to me how " love starved heart" was being played in the film, and yet it didn't see the light of day untill the early eighties I believe, or am I wrong? Just curious....

Simple - the film is not a documentary so I'm guessing poetic licence. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!