Dear Family

Good to hear you're well Lorraine, still remember those fantastic shows you did at Stafford Top Of The World, they are some of my most heart warming memories ever.
In fact I'm smiling to myself right now thinking about them, lovely times and a big thanks to you for them.
You take care now and please keep us 'in the mix' as you Yanks say, love reading your posts.
Love and Peace
Nick

Social source share

Hi to you all,

I check in every other day to see what you all are up to.  Thanks for replying.  Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on our 41st family reunion being held in August.  We have one every year and I'm wondering what the hell we will talk about when we pick next next years.  That's when the fun starts, the bickering, fussing and almost fighting in our good clothes.  This year, I'm in charge of the guests.  We're all related, so I wonder why we are calling ourselves 'guests.' 

Anyway, that's my big to-do right now and keeping up with you guys.

Lorraine

• Helpful 1
Social source share

miss seeing you at stafford just before my time as i was only 14 when you where there, you have the voice of an angel in "i cant change" was one of the first records i bought,then i layer got "what can i do" and last but not least ive have "i cant hold on" records i still have and play today wish one of the promoters would bring you over again to see you perform . i can only hope . hope your family event is good and your guest(lol) behave . 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Triode said:

Lorraine,

always great to hear from Soul Sources' "First Lady of Soul" & the real deal Detroit Songstress Miss Lorraine Chandler,

still hoping for a Pied Piper Review starring your good self .....xx

Triode

Triode,

Thanks for responding.  I'm still here (Thank the Lord) and still willing to do a song or two.  Eddie Parker, bless his soul, is still around and all we want is one more time to 'do our thang.'  Take care.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Lorraine,

I don't know if this was asked before. If it was, I missed it, sorry.

Can you tell me anything about Mike & Ray - If only you knew/Private world of my own on Giant 706?

I think it's a fantastic record but like the Sandpipers it's certainly not what one would call a soul record. Do you know how this came about? And what audience this was aimed at? I think the backing is pretty strong and has that certain "Detroit" sound even if it's basically only acoustic guitars.

Thanks!

Benji

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2016 at 16:10, Benji said:

Lorraine,

I don't know if this was asked before. If it was, I missed it, sorry.

Can you tell me anything about Mike & Ray - If only you knew/Private world of my own on Giant 706?

I think it's a fantastic record but like the Sandpipers it's certainly not what one would call a soul record. Do you know how this came about? And what audience this was aimed at? I think the backing is pretty strong and has that certain "Detroit" sound even if it's basically only acoustic guitars.

Thanks!

Benji

Hi Benji,

Nope, I'm sorry, I cannot be of any help to you.  I knew Mike and Ray, but did no work with them.  Have you tried contacting Ray Monette?  He replies to questions like this and is a totally wonderful person.

Good Luck,

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/07/2016 at 04:25, lorchand said:

Hi Benji,

Nope, I'm sorry, I cannot be of any help to you.  I knew Mike and Ray, but did no work with them.  Have you tried contacting Ray Monette?  He replies to questions like this and is a totally wonderful person.

Good Luck,

Lorraine

Is there another website/forum where all the 'USA soul artists' keep in touch or post conversations? As you have seen on here 'we cant get enough' of the stories and facts about the 60's 70's 80's (mainly) soul scene. Every so often a Legend like yourself joins in and its fantastic. 

Ed

Social source share

On 7/31/2016 at 02:36, tomangoes said:

Is there another website/forum where all the 'USA soul artists' keep in touch or post conversations? As you have seen on here 'we cant get enough' of the stories and facts about the 60's 70's 80's (mainly) soul scene. Every so often a Legend like yourself joins in and its fantastic. 

Ed

Ed,

I'm told that everyone uses Facebook, so maybe that is a good source.  However, I stick close to 'home' where I know I can check out everything.

Have a good one,

Lorraine

Social source share

On 6/15/2016 at 16:41, Roburt said:

Lorraine, what you were up to in April 66 ..... did you do many promotional shows for "What Can I Do" ???

If so, were any shows done in conjunction with the Marvelettes, Edwin or Dee Edwards ??

Billboard1966New45s.jpg

Lorraine,  did you do many promotional shows for "What Can I Do" ???

Social source share

19 hours ago, Roburt said:

Lorraine,  did you do many promotional shows for "What Can I Do" ???

Roburt,

I am so sorry, I just skip right over you.  To answer your question, yes I did promo shows for "What Can I Do" in the States.  Did paying gigs overseas.

Social source share

19 hours ago, mark soul said:

hi lorraine hope you are keeping well a true northern soul legend never made a bad record keep safe mark lancaster soul club

Mark,

Thanks for stating that I never made a bad record.  While I liked most of them, a few were too mature for me and I tried my best.  I never did any shows with the Motown groups (wish I had).

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

On 8/7/2016 at 02:58, mark soul said:

hi lorraine do you think you will ever perform in england again sure would be a sell out i really hope so cheers mark

Mark,

At this time in my life I would loooovvvvveee to sing just one more time over there (I would drag Eddie Parker with me).  The powers that be must make it happen.

Lorraine

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!