jesse fisher your not loving a beginner

I'm not completely wrong ... where in the above do I say that any copies of BEGINNER 45's were pressed at Boddies ????

I have GUESSED that a stamper may have been made by Boddie BUT that's different to saying any 45's were pressed by Boddies. 

Lou R told me that Way Out practice, if they wanted quick acetate copies, was to run straight round to Boddies (but that was when Lou was still involved at Way Out 67 to 69). Lou was also involved on two 1970 Way releases (Bos Singers & Volcanic Eruption) but I think he had gone by then. 

VolcanEruptn45.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

But Boddies has been involved in the discussion throughout this thread ... so how does putting up info on Boddie's work muddy the waters .... if anything it shows exactly what Boddie was doing in this period.

Loads of the Way Out data just states NA meaning info not available .... I have a load of Way Out releases but ain't got the time to pull everyone out and examine the run out grooves with a magnifying glass. 

DSCF6142.JPG

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Way Out records is a fascinating label and deserves its own thread. Then more stuff about the label, its studio and its backers and distributors can find a home where it can breathe.

All the important information about the Jesse Fisher 45 is contained in this one.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

To be fair - The information about the first release on a "Boddies" press came via "Buckeye Beat" - "The online living history of Ohio's amazing popular musical culture of the years 1950 to 1979 and beyond" - I wrongly assumed they knew their subject!!  

Des

Social source share

The only Way Out releases actually pressed at Boddie are the Exceptional 3 (101), Bobby Wade (102/ 3) and Norman Scott (01). Both versions of the Jesse Fisher "Beginner" have the Boddie "B" inscription in the deadwax, meaning it was likely plated there, but the actual pressing was done at ARP.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

6 hours ago, DMC said:

The only Way Out releases actually pressed at Boddie are the Exceptional 3 (101), Bobby Wade (102/ 3) and Norman Scott (01). Both versions of the Jesse Fisher "Beginner" have the Boddie "B" inscription in the deadwax, meaning it was likely plated there, but the actual pressing was done at ARP.

Well said that man :thumbsup:

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!