Mike

• Replies 43
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks mike :thumbsup: but it wasn't really a scream for help, more an appropriate title. Found scan whilst looking for the record, can't remember where though... :thumbsup:

What I would like though is a soundbyte. Only heard it from the awful quality 1 min long manship soundbyte, that sounds like it was recorded underwater <_< :P so if anyone knows where I can find one...... :thumbsup:

Social source share

It's simply a "negative" of a scan of the label which is black with silver writting. As I

have said before, it's odd that a real rarity like this should turn up recently in mint condition especially being yet another black label with silver lettering Oxford Nights, Soul Communicators, Del Larks demos.......

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Can you really lump Soul Communicators and Oxford Nights in the same rarity bracket as the Del-Larks and Flash Mesporran ??? I think not :thumbsup:

Simon are you saying that there has been some sort of find because a Del Larks that a member of this list sold via Manship and then an unrelated Flash McKinley was on a sales list recently?? Seems unlikely to me the amount of work from research and detailed forgery required to fool anal collectors the world over would actually be worth while given the limited returns possible at premium rates. Surely such ner'do-wells would be better off picking a softer target???

Surely just happy co-incidence........................... :thumbsup:

Trouty

Social source share

It's simply a "negative" of a scan of the label which is black with silver writting. As I

have said before, it's odd that a real rarity like this should turn up recently in mint condition especially being yet another black label with silver lettering Oxford Nights, Soul Communicators, Del Larks demos.......

link

Why hippo are you suggesting that someone would "invert" (this is the proper term...duh?! :P ) the image in order to fool such a simple soul as me???

Anyway, doubt it as it came from a revues page with Frankie B. - Because Of My Heart + loads more, and these all looked fine to me.. :thumbsup: Could it be a rare unheard of demo? Recent boot? Canadiad? t'other issue?

Anyway, I'm now going to invert my whoooooooooooole collection and turn them all into demos :thumbsup::thumbsup::P

Stroothleboot

By the way was the attachment full length? Can't open it... :(

Be a love and email me it:l_l_m_w@hotmail.com

Social source share

bloody hell hippo , nothing gets past you :thumbsup:

info for all soul detectives out there

read recently, maybe have mentioned it on here before?

of someone who got a audio tape dated - was some doubt of its validility/age etc so used carbon dating and found it come from the 1980s

think cost said was $250

over the top ?

maybe, no desire myself to test it out , but then again if regular spending 4 figs on vinyl and got spare cash.. thought of interest... shrug

Social source share

Can you really lump Soul Communicators and Oxford Nights in the same rarity bracket as the Del-Larks and Flash Mesporran ??? I think not :thumbsup:

True. I was just bored and thought I might be on to a major conspiracy!

Simon are you saying that there has been some sort of find because a Del Larks that a member of this list sold via Manship and then an unrelated Flash McKinley was on a sales list recently??

As you have rightly concluded, what I know about Northern etc you could write on the back of a small postage stamp. Typicaly I was putting 2 &2 together and coming up with 87!

Seems unlikely to me the amount of work from research and detailed forgery required to fool anal collectors the world over would actually be worth while given the limited returns possible at premium rates. Surely such ner'do-wells would be better off picking a softer target???

Again true. Although, it's not been unknown for people to knock out 4 copies from a big find @ £2.5k and then wait a year or so to suddenly find the other 996 and sell them @ £100!!

Surely just happy co-incidence........................... :thumbsup:

Yes, of course.

But back in the day when you could come on here as a 'guest' and post something up from work through a proxy server, you might have got a different answer to that question :-) Let's just say, I won't be folking out more than £20 for one or two of the above!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Lost me Hippo

Oxford Nights looks like it's been booted, don't know about SC and two very rare records have come up for sale in a week, hardly surprising given the values they are fetching IMVFHO

Trouty

and come on it would take more than a stamp :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I've been clearing a backlog at tonight yours is next on the list honest, will be done some time this week for definate, honest guv :thumbsup::thumbsup:

John

Social source share

Can you really lump Soul Communicators and Oxford Nights in the same rarity bracket as the Del-Larks and Flash Mesporran ??? I think not :lol:

Simon are you saying that there has been some sort of find because a Del Larks that a member of this list sold via Manship and then an unrelated Flash McKinley was on a sales list recently?? Seems unlikely to me the amount of work from research and detailed forgery required to fool anal collectors the world over would actually be worth while given the limited returns possible at premium rates. Surely such ner'do-wells would be better off picking a softer target???

Surely just happy co-incidence........................... :lol:

Trouty

link

Soul Communicators and the Oxford Nights should be nearer £100 than the prices they are currently fetching due to the number of copies about, real or not. Soul Communicators was only £400 when it was hard to come by, see it every where these days, same for the Oxford Nights.

Flash, £1500 but I've seen two copies for sale in the past week alone, have some been found or just coincidence.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Flash, £1500 but I've seen two copies for sale in the past week alone, have some been found or just coincidence.

link

I think just coincidence as both came from different sources (one being out of the sellers "private" collection)...and me I should say diggerent as I still need a copy and rumours could get the price low. eh :lol::lol: ?

Social source share

I think just coincidence as both came from different sources (one being out of the sellers "private" collection)...and me I should say diggerent as I still need a copy and rumours could get the price low. eh  :lol:   :lol: ?

link

R A V I N G M A D R E C O R D S

email:- ravingmadrecords@aol.com

Gradings:

VG++  Clean label, any scratches will be light and not affecting play

RECORDS 1 - 8 AUCTION ENDS ON NOVEMBER 29TH AT 7PM

2 ***Bombay Flash Mckinley I'll rescue you BID VG++ £800

Make Alan an offer he can't refuse

Social source share

I think just coincidence as both came from different sources (one being out of the sellers "private" collection)...and me I should say diggerent as I still need a copy and rumours could get the price low. eh  :lol:   :lol: ?

link

Agree Marc, just coincidence :lol: Would take a fair few turning up to briing the price down anyway :lol::lol:

Social source share

ARGH............. starting to give up on half of my wnts, can never tell if its going to be found in large amounts next week or not, because no bugger will be straight and honest about what they know!

Social source share

ARGH............. starting to give up on half of my wnts, can never tell if its going to be found in large amounts next week or not

Janine

Get the Ambassadors on your wants list; in the last 3 days there's been one on Pat Brady's list @ £325, one on Shifty's @£300 and there's one on Ovenchip's auction!

And and as they are all in mint condition, I think you can speculate that things are "turning up", whatever that means!!!!

As they might say, "Too Much of A Good Thing"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Hippo
Social source share

ARGH............. starting to give up on half of my wnts, can never tell if its going to be found in large amounts next week or not, because no bugger will be straight and honest about what they know!

link

Hey, I tell you what you want to know when you ask me, like yesterday, said 'avoid ann heywood' !

Social source share

link

There has been a few copies for sale in the last year or so, a couple on ebay (did you miss those?) Irish Greg sold one, and I think I have seen perhaps another two from other sources, this is not counting the ones for sale in the last week that are mentioned here. I personally don't think it is that good, I can't understand what the fuss is all about, I find it boring almost and those "hey heys!" are just silly. I was told the flip was good though, anyone with a sound file?

Social source share

they turned up about 5 years ago from a guy in stoke.

link

The Amabassadors turned up a couple of years ago or so if my memeory serves me correctly, it was someone from the band selling copies, via someone in the UK I think, they were selling them at $250 each, quite a few copies came that way I think. After that it also appeared on lists and on ebay, these copies seem to have disappeared now though, so perhaps yet another batch has been found. Should have bought a few as an investment I guess, had I had a crystal ball. I can't see why anyone would want it in the first place though, but I guess I just don't get it.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Has he got that now or is he still playing it off that acetate  :sleep3:

link

PETE CAUSE I'VE GOT IT ANYONE WITH A DECENT COLLECTION SHOULD HAVE ONE.

GOT THIS OFF SOULBOWL IN THE '80s FOR £30.00. NOT ONE OF THE BEST CHICAGO SOUNDS THO'.

post-1108-1101309556_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Mick when is your next list due out?  Hope you have taken my advice and put that over played sensations track on it  :sleep3:

link

JANINE IT'S OUT IN JANUARY. DON'T WORRY I'VE GOT YOUR S.A.E.

IF YOU WANT MY ACETATE YOU CAN STICK THIS LABEL ON IT.

post-1108-1101309884_thumb.jpg

Social source share

The Amabassadors turned up a couple of years ago or so if my memeory serves me correctly, it was someone from the band selling copies, via someone in the UK I think, they were selling them at $250 each, quite a few copies came that way I think. After that it also appeared on lists and on ebay, these copies seem to have disappeared now though, so perhaps yet another batch has been found. Should have bought a few as an investment I guess, had I had a crystal ball. I can't see why anyone would want it in the first place though, but I guess I just don't get it.

link

Copy for sale at Solid Hit Soul club saturday for £350 & it sold - Not to Anton tho :sleep3:

Social source share

link

They came via me and a mate off mine here in Germany. And yes, the source was the leadsinger...and "we" were not selling them @ 250 USD each. About six or seven copies and only (!) two of the Fleet 45 (which is by far the better record IMVHO).

Social source share

They came via me and a mate off mine here in Germany. And yes, the source was the leadsinger...and "we" were not selling them @ 250 USD each. About six or seven copies and only (!) two of the Fleet 45 (which is by far the better record IMVHO).

link

Well, someone did have copies at $250 a few years back. I saw a lot more than 6 or 7 mint copies back then too, unless it was the same copies being circulated all over the place, which I doubt. Still just another poor white pop record IMO, whatever the case. It is a bit funny if I try to be positive, but the vocals are awful.

Social source share

Not saying I definitely was, but I 'probably' was the first person to get offered these, back in 1999, he wanted 300 dollars each for them then, Tim Ash had already got some I think but not from the band, the guy had 40 or 50 copies to sell but I couldn't convince him that the record wasn't in demand...

Social source share

Not saying I definitely was, but I 'probably' was the first person to get offered these, back in 1999, he wanted 300 dollars each for them then, Tim Ash had already got some I think but not from the band, the guy had 40 or 50 copies to sell but I couldn't convince him that the record wasn't in demand...

link

This confirms what I was saying, probably these copies that were dispersed via various people.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

link

I THINK TIM WANTED £200 EACH FOR THEM. IT WASN'T WORTH ANYWHERE NEAR THAT THEN-BUT NOW WHO KNOWS NOW.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!