Soulmasters on Raven

• Replies 7
  • Views 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest randy

Tony my Black Text copy plays loud and clear the Silver Text copy on Pat's auction doesn't sound that clever, it may be just his copy sorry I cant help any better never had the Silver Text issue myself..

I hope that helps PAUL

Social source share

5 minutes ago, randy said:

Tony my Black Text copy plays loud and clear the Silver Text copy on Pat's auction doesn't sound that clever, it may be just his copy sorry I cant help any better never had the Silver Text issue myself..

I hope that helps PAUL

Thanks for this Paul - I've tried to try and see if there is a difference on Youtube but to no avail - two with Silver text and I think one is better quality.

I wonder which came out first?

T

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soul-Slider said:

According to Manship 'the silver text is rarer'....but that still doesn't answer your question, sorry.

lol no it doesn't answer my question but I've just found a site describing the recording session and explaining why there is distortion. Also an initial run of 500 copies which I suspect is the silver text as that is the one photographed in the article (it is also the  same as the  text on the Lost Soul record)

Social source share

Odd that some say the black ones don't have the fault, 99% sure they all do, though the level of the pressing fault may be different between the two formats. I had a copy of the black text format (in my first book) and this had it. One of the band members sent me a sound file of a re-edited version he did in recent years, slightly cleaned up and pitched at the original intended speed.

Social source share

On 19 June 2016 at 10:39, chalky said:

What are the matrix details on the respective copies?

The "silver" one is 40S-45-2020B 

It also has "nashville matrix" scratched in but the matrix is quite illegible and could quite easily be another word

Can't help with the "black one"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!