Steve Duckworth update funeral

Dean

I've just had a text off Steve's sister saying that he died of a heart attack this pm. 

The family have a long presence on the scene, Etna, Phil, Steve and Jeanette. Most recently Steve has been enjoying several nights around Nottingham, saw him a few times at Alfreton last year. 

Steve was a great bloke, always good to pass a few moments with, distinctive dancer. 

Edited by Dean
update
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

An old mate of Steve's Julian Bojko from Farnsfied has asked me to post this for him:

"Shocked and saddened by this awful news, Steve was a great guy who was around the northern scene from the mid 70s.  He used to travel with us to Wigan on the Notts bus from the Britt, as well as Palais all dayers and all the other venues of that era. In more recent years I've seen him and his wife Liz at local venues such as the Grosvenor & Kingsway and he always had time for a chat and to reminisce - usually with a big smile on his face. I remember his favourite DJ was always John Vincent.

.......RIP old mate"

Boyco

Social source share

This is terrible news. Steve was a regular at Inner Soul in Sheffield and Soul Shack at Alfreton. A proper soul man who loved his Cleethorpes stuff.

RIP Steve we'll really miss you

Martin & Kath Xx

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Totally gutted to hear about Steve.Got to know him well in recent years At Inner Soul and Alfreton Soul Shack.Massive Character, Massive smile , Massive loss.God bless you big man.

Sympathies to Liz and his family 

Patto,Bev,and Jess

Social source share

So shocked to hear of Steve's passing.  A good friend as well as a Soul Boy.  Loved to watch him Dance.  A regular at Soul Shack, always first through the door.  Will miss his smile, his stories, the chats about our beloved Castleford and od course his Dancing.  Love and thoughts are with his family XXXX

Social source share

Cannot believe this, what a shock - totally knocked me for six.

First met Steve about 10 years ago and have been firm friends ever since. Loved our chats about old faces and old nighters.

Steve and Elizabeth were always the first in at Inner Soul at 7 o'clock and hardly ever missed and he really loved a good dance and a good laugh.

The biggest smile on the Scene, now sadly gone....I'm really going to miss you Stevie, God Bless mate.

Love and sympathies to Elizabeth and the family xxx

Chris and Jackie xxx

Edited by SOULFULHOUND
Social source share

Things are not straight forward with Steve's passing, he wasn't straight forward in life either though. I understand there are issues around an inquiry. However for those who who like to pay their respects I believe the funeral arrangements are:

Thursday 30 June 11.00 at St Leodegarius Church,  Church St, Basford, Nottingham NG6 0GD . Burial at Hucknall Cemetery with a wake to follow at The Bowman, Hucknall, NG15 7PY.

Social source share

Guest NorthNotts

Hi All, I am posting this on behalf of Simmo;

little simmo not about much now but memories of the proper old sceene shared we ducky we wil argue in heaven my m8 in wat was best my wigan dancing and your cleethorpes shuffle my heart n soul to liz n famly god bless u steve ur little m8 simmo x a sad day

Social source share

Guest Matt Duckworth

Hello everybody.

I am Stevens son, Matthew.

First of all Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts of my old man, he wasn't just my old man but my best friend, I am positive he would of told you about me with a huge smile on his face with me being in America and playing rugby. Its an only cliche but he was the best and most loving person I have ever met and such a devoted Northern soul man ( right not i am listen to '' The champion'') i love the music i was brought up with him and my mum singing away and dancing like lunatics regular!

So funeral Arrangements-

Service to be at 11am at St leos church at new Basford Nottingham

burial will be at hucknall cemetery

Wake will be at the '' Angel'' in Ripley, Derbyshire where he lived.

I hope as many of you can join us for a celebration of my dads life as maybe have a few dancers and drinks to celebrate as he lived to move them legs as fast as he could even though he was getting older he could move despite the knee braces.

Thank you for all the memories you have created with my dad over the years.

Matthew Duckworth 

Social source share

Guest Brigid

Hi Matt, this is Aunty Ethna's sister here, Brigid, as you know she is in France with us when she sadly received the news about your Dad.

Ethna and the children had great love and respect for Steven, your 'cussies' had it drilled in to them by Steven that he was their 'favourite' uncle and they will never forget that.

Big hugs to you, your Mum Elizabeth and James at this very sad moment in time.

Ethna will be over to see you all at the weekend xx

Social source share

On 6/19/2016 at 17:33, Dean said:

I've just had a text off Steve's sister saying that he died of a heart attack this pm. 

The family have a long presence on the scene, Etna, Phil, Steve and Jeanette. Most recently Steve has been enjoying several nights around Nottingham, saw him a few times at Alfreton last year. 

Steve was a great bloke, always good to pass a few moments with, distinctive dancer. 

Hi sorry to hear about steve I got to know him at South Wingfield Northern and Motown nights my mate Dave knew him from year's ago and know's Liz very well we are both saddened to hear the news always sad to hear of the loss of a keen soul brother and a great dancer RIP xxx

Social source share

1 minute ago, geespudwood said:

Hi sorry to hear about steve I got to know him at South Wingfield Northern and Motown nights my mate Dave knew him from year's ago and know's Liz very well we are both saddened to hear the news always sad to hear of the loss of a keen soul brother and a great dancer RIP xxx

Edit

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert