soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 25
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest JohnnyHitman

It's a fabulous tune, isn't it thumbsup.gif . Glad someone else loves it... I'm a proud owner (can't sell) and wish I could hear it out more for a boogie :dance:

m

Yeah, really love it, too! What I would love even more is to listen to it on my own turntable! If you know anybody who wants to get part of it lemme know...

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Yeah, really love it, too! What I would love even more is to listen to it on my own turntable! If you know anybody who wants to get part of it lemme know...

You don't mean "Make me" on AV Int.l. 1069 ? If so Craig Moerer has a d.j. copy for sale at this time for £31.87

Martin

Edited by martinsbox
Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

You don't mean "Make me" on AV Int.l. 1069 ? If so Craig Moerer has a d.j. copy for sale at this time for £31.87

Martin

Nah it's AVI 1067, anyway thanks for your hint!

Social source share

Nah it's AVI 1067, anyway thanks for your hint!

I made that mistake first :yes: . Pretty obvious you have the wrong record when you get one home. "Take me Baby" was not so easy .

I'll be seeing the guy I first heard play it, this weekend. He may be willing to let it go now, though my begging got me nowhere when I needed it (picked it up cheaper online ...similar to >this person<).

m

Edited by Maria O
Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

I made that mistake first :thumbsup: . Pretty obvious you have the wrong record when you get one home. "Take me Baby" was not so easy .

I'll be seeing the guy I first heard play it, this weekend. He may be willing to let it go now, though my begging got me nowhere when I needed it (picked it up cheaper online ...similar to >this person<).

m

Hi Maria,

that would be very nice :wicked: , please lemme know if you can work something out!

Cheers

Rob

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnnyHitman

It's featured on Ian Wright's Sister Funk 2 compilation that is being launched in the "Funk Room" at Soul Revolution next month.

Well worth checking out Ian's set if you like that sort of sound thumbsup.gif

James, it's me Robert from Berlin. I'll be there with Felix and some other friends, also in the afternoon when we all hook up in the pub.

Anyway,aslong you don't have a bloody copy for me, :thumbsup: . At Fryer's I would say c*** off :shades: . Cu soon, looking forward to it!!

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

James, it's me Robert from Berlin. I'll be there with Felix and some other friends, also in the afternoon when we all hook up in the pub.

Anyway,aslong you don't have a bloody copy for me, :lol: . At Fryer's I would say c*** off wink.gif . Cu soon, looking forward to it!!

C*** off yourself sir! wink.gif

Lookin forward to hooking up with you on 24th, should be quite a session, over a 1/4 of the tickets have now been sold and still over a month to go, with plenty of interest in the afternoon session as well. I'll post full details once the afternoon venue confirms with me that's it's ok to go ahead with it...

Ian mentioned you might be grinding your teeth with me mentioning it was on Sister Funk 2. :lol:

Good luck with the Althea... :thumbup:

Social source share

It's featured on Ian Wright's Sister Funk 2 compilation that is being launched in the "Funk Room" at Soul Revolution next month.

What's it doing on a funk compilation. it's not funk :wicked: - It can't be funk.

I don't buy funk :yes: I don't do funk :thumbsup:

Sorry I couldn't get Soul Sam to sell you his copy Johnny - not that I hear him play it anymore :( .

It really is an uplifting raunchy soul sound thumbsup.gif - good luck with the dig .

m

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnnyHitman

What's it doing on a funk compilation. it's not funk :thumbsup: - It can't be funk.

I don't buy funk :( I don't do funk :thumbsup:

Sorry I couldn't get Soul Sam to sell you his copy Johnny - not that I hear him play it anymore :lol: .

It really is an uplifting raunchy soul sound :thumbsup: - good luck with the dig .

m

Well Maria, I think it's Funk, too! So you're a funker, don't worry!

Still need a copy!

Social source share

Guest wrighty

What's it doing on a funk compilation. it's not funk huh.gif - It can't be funk.

I don't buy funk :lol: I don't do funk ohmy.gif

Sorry I couldn't get Soul Sam to sell you his copy Johnny - not that I hear him play it anymore :yes: .

It really is an uplifting raunchy soul sound :thumbsup: - good luck with the dig .

m

hi maria, yes it is on a 'funk' compilation but dont let that word scare you away, it encompasses all styles from early r+b 'funk' (big ella) thru to the disco-soul funk of florence trapp, with althea spencer sitting nicely in there...in other words by using the word funk we mean 'funky', which i'm sure even you can hear yourself in 'take me baby' - listen to that bassline! soulful funk, funky soul, funky r+b - whatever! :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Source Advert