Disc: 6
  1. It's Not Unusual - Marvin Gaye
  2. We'll Be Satisfied - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Disc: 7
  1. Crying in the Night - The Monitors
  2. Head Over Heels in Love With You Baby - The Spinners

Product Description
Product Description
The third in our series of highly desirable limited edition 7" box sets once again delivers with 14 top in-demanders from the vaults of Motown. Seriously soulful dance delights, only ever previously hidden-away on albums or CD collections, these are all high on any Hitsville collector's wants list, and all these masterpieces are making make their first ever appearance on 45rpm singles worldwide.

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Mick Holdsworth ,I think you are correcto, first time Motown \Universal have issued a Ric-Tic recording since  Al  Kent "You gotta PayThe price" ( Track UK primero) and " OOh Pretty Lady" on Ric Relics stml11232 way back in 1973! Al's "Ooh you are awful" also came out in 73 as promo only 45 ep, along with ; Spinners, Eddie K , and Willie Hutch , PSR 352 on Tamla Motown ,rather hard to find. When the adorable ,fantastic ,Richard ( heard Sealing , Starling, Spurling, But Searing with Passion for Soul music perhaps!)  ,hinted at the release of 7,s Box set Vol 3 ,, he played " Acting Lately"  simultaneously, I spoke to him suspecting a Ric Tic Revolution was coming , so far his busy PA schedule he has not responded to my email !

Social source share

That's what I thought, I seem to remember that there was some anomaly over Ric Tic copywrite, meaning we had never had a CD or vinyl compilation of Ric Tic since those early days. Look like that has been sorted out now, so maybe a Ric Tic Revolution, as you say, is on the horizon. (If Universal can release one, then the should be able to release any or all - maybe a CD or Vinyl Box set for the future)

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

That's what I thought, I seem to remember that there was some anomaly over Ric Tic copywrite, meaning we had never had a CD or vinyl compilation of Ric Tic since those early days. Look like that has been sorted out now, so maybe a Ric Tic Revolution, as you say, is on the horizon. (If Universal can release one, then the should be able to release any or all - maybe a CD or Vinyl Box set for the future)

Could it be that because the track was not previously issued it is not an issue releasing it now?  I'm thinking of all those Stax collections that get round Atlantic's theft of the original masters/rights by including a previously unreleased take from the Stax vaults - I'm thinking of Otis in particular.  Just a thought.  

I would love a definitive CD release of the Ric Tic stuff.

Social source share

Guest closedms

Track listing

Disc 1

All I Do Is Dream About You - Mary Wells

Look At Me - Mable John

Disc 2

All I Do Is Think About You - Brenda Holloway

I Just Can't Forget Him - Chris Clark

Disc 3

Park St. Bridge - Bobby Taylor

Who You Gonna Run To - Chuck Jackson

Disc 4

I Pray You Still Love Me - Jimmy Ruffin

You Ought To Know Me - David Ruffin

Disc 5 

I Wanna Be Where You Are - Leon Ware

I Can't See Myself [Without You] - Ronnie McNeir

Disc 6 

Symphony - Marvin Gaye

I Just Can't Forget About You Baby - Fantastic Four

Disc 7 

Beware Of A Stranger - Tammi Terrell

You Ain't Livin' Until You're Lovin' - 70's Supremes [sic] & The Four Tops

Product Description

The fourth in our series of highly desirable limited edition 7" box sets once again delivers with 14 top in-demanders from the vaults of Motown. Seriously soulful dance delights, only ever previously hidden-away on albums or CD collections, these are all high on any Hitsville collector's wants list, and all these masterpieces are making make their first ever appearance on 45rpm singles worldwide. Maybe next time, I'm not holdingmy breath though.

Social source share

Whilst appreciating the fact that a few on the tracklisting may be "old hat" so to speak, I personally welcome any new output from such a rich vein of "closeted output", and look forward to many more in due course!

Keep 'em coming I say...... 

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!