Do you play your records at home

Very seldom play records at home, i have down-loaded  about a 1/4 off my collection to my pc and despite my intentions i can't seem to find the time to download the rest. Any new record that i buy is listened to and down-loaded at the same time then put away in one off my cases.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I have over 3,000 singles and approx 900 albums in my record collection and i play my vinyl every week, mostly on a Hacker because i love  the clear sharp tone it has, which i don't seem to get from my hi fi,  and even though i have a top of the range Rega deck i still prefer the sound of the Hacker.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Soul Girl Steph said:

I have over 3,000 singles and approx 900 albums in my record collection and i play my vinyl every week, mostly on a Hacker because i love  the clear sharp tone it has, which i don't seem to get from my hi fi,  and even though i have a top of the range Rega deck i still prefer the sound of the Hacker.

No mystery since your 45's are almost all MONO. I had to understand through the years how to combine my phono stage to a cost, good is expensive, and after a lot of investigation and DIY tweaks to give justice in sound for my beloved records. Now I can enjoy and "discover" them all anew with "Oomph & Kick" with no ear bleed. No matter how high-end phono set-up you have, none is universal to any kind of records and musical genre !!! Then you have the subjective listeners taste and ear-buds. Just start and try to understand what is the impact of the stylus cut/shape in the groove and that is only the start... I'm no audiophile geek I swear, I only love a good sound for my good records !

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Once the daughter's in bed about 8.30ish I get my headphones out pretty much every night for an hour or so. I can't think of a better way to wind down. Even after quite a few years of DJ retirement I still occasionally find myself making selections based on what would make a good set, imagining the crowds reaction, what would go with what etc.

Last night involved a bit of Jazz-funk inspired by the other thread.

One thing I'm not going to do after staring at a monitor all day at work is switch my laptop on.

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Jimmy Disco D said:

LOL, that was me last night trying to find that David Bendeth record.

I was so relieved to find it,  convinced the missus had finally thrown out my copy of the Snake!  phew.... :rofl:   :hatsoff2:  

Social source share

On 31/05/2017 at 21:58, cutdown69 said:

This is my messy music corner

Sanctuary from a crazy world :)

I think some of you fellas could do with a bit of tidying up, those cables are a health and safety nightmare! :)

IMG_3653[1].jpg

Edited by Jimmy Disco D
image malfunction
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ganesh

Having not been to an event for at least 15 years it's the only time i get to hear any northern - got about 600 originals brought in the late 70's and the 80's when i regualrly attended and occasionaly "jocked" at niters and 60's nites, that the missus keeps telling me to sell.

must admit when i see the prices today when I only paid £100+ twice in my time it is tempting to download them onto digital and cash in - but i do enjoy blasting out the sounds in 30/40 minute sessions getting ready to go out for an evening

Social source share

• 1 year later...
On 06/04/2017 at 21:39, EmJayGee said:

So just got home from working away for a few days, everyone in bed early so dragged a pile of records out. Played Victoria Williams & J B Ledbetter Show Some Sign as I remebered playing that eons ago.

Then flipped it over and found We're So Satisfied is bloody brilliant, and if I'd just been click playing would never have done that.

I'm a happy boy 🙂

'We're so satisfied', Yes we are ! Proper Uptempo Soul or what, Nice One ! 😀

Social source share

• 5 months later...
Guest Shufflin

yes I play mine at home, I guess this thread has explained to me why so few members post in the home DJ topic!

it takes quite a lot to knacker a record just play em and enjoy

Edited by Shufflin
typo
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
33 minutes ago, Soulie52 said:

I play my 45's every day of the week, I never really got into CD's and I'm not up for listening to youtube or spotify. I'll leave that to the young 'un's, for me you cant beat a record and never will.

it would be great if you (and others) would contribute to this topic then! Living Room DJ

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin

had a few arrive today too so been playing records for about an hour so far...

cheap oldie but a good one...on its original source

4 seasons.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!