Articles: Just Another Soul Group -- Popular Five

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Examples of the Schaefer beer ads .... these were made for TV, whereas the contest jingles were for radio .... 

Schaefer kept running their music festival, unfortunately it mainly featured rock acts after 1971.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

A lot of decent soul acts made these Schaefer Beer ads, singing jingles in praise of the beer. I wonder if anyone kept copies of any of the jingles. I'm sure they'd make good listening now. The winner each year was featured in a TV ad as well but those ads must be long gone by now.

The 1970 contestants ...... not a bad line-up ....

SchaeferTalhunt5.jpg

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Warren Wilson is my late grandfather. I've known him since I was just 8 months old, but him and his lifelong companion, my late grandmother, Maxiene Robinson have always been in my life. Pop Pop Warren was a joy to have around. He left the music business back in the 1970's to just settle down. He left the music business before the fame and fortune arrived because he knew what happened to people who let all the fame go to their heads. Sadly, Pop Pop Warren passed away in 2011. He was loved when he was alive, and now he may be gone, but he is still, and always will be loved, and missed.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!