EMS Appreciation Society

ajb

Aaah, just like old times :lol:

With repeated plays this could be a reasonable-sized hit, but the intro could do with a trim, as it seems to start, and then start again and it's almost 2 minutes before you hear the singer. Hardly unique in that respect but the build-up needs to be more effective to succeed, and in this case I think there would be stronger immediate impact with a short intro and the instrumental break placed after the first verse.

Edited by Mickey Finn
Social source share

a short wait till August 5th, and this baby will hit the floors....................

Giulio Bonaccio ft. Karie Brown - Don't Walk Away

three great versions

Edited by ajb
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

A couple gracing my decks already.................

on 7'', taken from the album.............................

Gordon Henderson - Highest Bidder

and, this beauty....................

Space Echo - Rainbow Power

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Alan, thanks for these - Vick Lavender is always interesting and even if not always hitting the spot he's got a high hit rate (for me at least). Would be interested to know who's on the organ on the third track. The Andy Edit tune is definitely a summer tune - have they left it too late release-wise?

Social source share

"The Andy Edit tune is definitely a summer tune - have they left it too late release-wise?"

I hear you Mickey, I gather its been getting floor play already, and with the plays in the Med, summer can stretch till October.:thumbup:

with a lot of these tunes, they'll probably only get heard a few times by folks out, unless they buy it of course.

would i pay a tenner to have it on vinyl, probably not, but i'm happy to pay a quid, stick it on a Cdr, and roll it out every summer to fresh ears :D

Social source share

thought I just need to share this, from '83, and on 7" for for the first time, i believe. I know i'll be giving this a few spins :D

Howard University Jazz Ensemble - Genesis b/w To The Rising Sun

Social source share

Some nice stuff here Alan, thanks - all new to me. 

Really like Celestine , lovely piano riff - sticking with the original mix I think, top class

Also the Moses Boyd, will have me running up the walls 

I'll do well to recommend anything you don't already know but a few bits I've been hammering recently:-

1) Blonde - All cried out (Oliver Nelson Remix)

The only mix that counts :thumbsup:

2) Marquis Hawkes - Summer Memory

From 'Social Housing' LP, a real builder. Also love 'Fantasy'

3) Rocco Careri & Arturo Macchiavelli - Native New Yorker

4) Zepherin Saint feat Ann Nesby & G3 - Optimistic

Lovely version

5) Frankie Knuckles Director's Cut feat Sybil - Let yourself go (Director's Cut Master Mix)

This mix a cut above, proper love it

Look forward to some more top tips :thumbsup:

Cheers, Chris.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry if i'm posting to many, but sometimes i just can't help myself.........................

Lenkrad Richter ft. Dana Jean Phoenix - Who The Hell Are You (Opolopo remix)

Traxsource 15/8, general release 29/8

Social source share

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 17:39, Mickey Finn said:

Hi Alan, thanks for these - Vick Lavender is always interesting and even if not always hitting the spot he's got a high hit rate (for me at least). Would be interested to know who's on the organ on the third track. The Andy Edit tune is definitely a summer tune - have they left it too late release-wise?

Could be Mike Logan.......

Cheers Mark R

Social source share

9 hours ago, Mark R said:

My tune of the moment probably has no place on here at all, but it's a killer all the same.......

https://m.traxsource.com/track/3474953/the-blue-room-kaidi-tathams-shokazuku-remix/

Cheers,

Mark R

thats what this thread is for Mark, things that don't have a place any where else :thumbsup:

........ while your on, if your still doing your weekly chart? please post it on here, that'd be great if you would :)

alan

Social source share

For you Vick Lavender fans, can I take this opportunity to encourage you to listen to these from when we flew him in for our gig back in 2011........his live DJ set........

https://starpointsoulboy.podomatic.com/entry/2011-08-19T04_00_50-07_00

As you'll notice at the end I was quite excited that we'd pulled this one off!!  :-)

......and the radio interview from the night before where you can get the inside info on his musicians and the Chicago scene of yesteryear plus a whole lot more.........

https://starpointsoulboy.podomatic.com/entry/2011-08-12T04_00_49-07_00

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

this is an album well worth a listen, download only at the present, but oh so good! and then some......................

Amp Fiddler - Motor City Booty

1. Return Of the Ghetto Fly Feat Neco Redd 2. Superficial 3. Slippin On Ya Pimpin Feat Dames Brown 4. 1960 What? Feat London House Cats Choir

5. Soul Fly (Part 1) Feat Dames Brown 6. Soul Fly (Part 2) Feat Dames Brown 7. Steppin Feat Dames Brown 8. Your Love Is All I Need

9. I Got It Feat Alena 10. Funk Is Here To Stay 11. Send A Message

https://www.junodownload.com/products/amp-fiddler-motor-city-booty/3148444-02/

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, algsoul said:

classic

Rahsaan Patterson Where You Are Silk's Old

Wrong place for this really but I got one of these spare for sale...... £25 Inc. standard UK P&P.

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
Correction
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

you might one of these, but don't take my word for it....................

"Melodies International are happy to announce the long-awaited reissue of three of the most desired records from the ‘modern soul’ scene. 

Privately recorded in the Detroit area between ’73 and ’78, and scarcely distributed since, the rare ‘Aged In Harmony’ 7”s have become highly sought after and much revered by soul enthusiasts around the world. The unique vibrations emanating from these very special records have resonated at the heart of the Melodies label since it’s conception, originally prompting the birth of the internationally acclaimed “You’re A Melody” party and forever inspiring generations of soul collectors to dig that little bit deeper. 

All originally written, arranged and produced by Arnold Moore, the six recordings bring together Strings, Vocals, Guitars, Synths, Horns and Drums for the perfect marriage of textures; each track contributing it’s own individual energy to the warming aura which surrounds the whole collection. There’s something about these compositions that draws you closer to anyone in your vicinity - trust me.

After lovingly remastering these gems in conjunction with their creator, Melodies are proud to present the masterpieces together as a set for the very first time, accompanied by the second edition of the label’s very own Melozine, which features an exclusive interview with Arnold himself, amongst much, much more…"

given the price of originals, and un-official releases are fetching, this little pack will come as a nice addition to your collection.

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/aged-in-harmony-youre-a-melody/621696-01/

original.........

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Russ over at Superdiscoedits as found more lost gems from '87...............

"Brian Morgan, guitarist who played on the classic Sugar Hill Gang cut "Rappers Delight and who was a young protégé to soul legend Kashif.
Here we have the feel good cut of "A good time" 
Due to a move in location Brian decided to shelve this song for the time being, and concentrate on other matters.
Around late 2014 he dug out the old tapes and carried on from where he left of, like no time had even passed.
He kept most parts of those original 1987 recordings, and gave them a little modern day sparkle.
Both sides are previously un-issued until today."

www.superdiscoedits.com

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, ajb said:

get one while you still can..................

Arnold Blair - Finally made it home

I understand that there were a few promo's available a few months ago these have since gone and (we) are eagerly awaiting the arrival of a pre-orderred release  copy fromSoul Brother .

Question is, is the release now available?

someone has one on discogs at £69.99 is this a release or promo?

has demand created another BLD situation

as the man said get it now its a fantastic slab of mids 70s soul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!