BEYOND RARE NORTHERN SOUL JUNIOR McCANTS try me for your new lov

1 hour ago, modernsoulsucks said:

Is Becker154 the seller ?

PM'd him earlier but no reply so far.

This section is for sellers to post links to ads running on EBay. Not general discussion.

ROD

Hi Rod -I am not the seller sorry I thought it was for e bay listings in general -

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The other copy that sold on Ebay a few years ago for $15,000 was bought by the seller for 10 cents.

Out of curiosity I have mailed the seller of this one to see where he got it.

Ebay link below takes you straight the record for sale and the Popsike link is the last one sold.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEYOND-RARE-NORTHERN-SOUL-JUNIOR-McCANTS-try-me-for-your-new-love-KING-PROMO-/252461347668?hash=item3ac7de7354:g:TRsAAOSwUxNXh7Pq

https://www.popsike.com/SCARCE-Northern-Soul-45-Junior-McCants-KING-RARE-PROMO/180295199832.html

Edited by jim g
Social source share

are all copys in the uk? (excluding this copy)

i notice there are some big items available at the mo?

jnr mccants

george pepp

magnetics on bonnie

nomads

soul bros inc on salem

esther grant (ended other nite for big money)

john harris & soul sayers (ended on big money also)

Social source share

I got a reply from the seller

"hello jim - hope all is well across the pond - hopefully in the near future the story will become known - as of now ive decided that i will let the winning bidder know the exact story first - that lucky person will deserve that knowledge first hand before everyone else - but i can tell you this its amazing and colorful - thats just how things happen - most people think that the goods or materials or talents that they've aquired in their lifetime came from their own hands but i can tell you thats definitely not true - everything good in everyones life comes from the hands of GOD - they just need to realize this fact - i would say the older ive become the wiser ive become - best - joseph"

Social source share

18 hours ago, dobber said:

are all copys in the uk? (excluding this copy)

i notice there are some big items available at the mo?

jnr mccants

george pepp

magnetics on bonnie

nomads

soul bros inc on salem

esther grant (ended other nite for big money)

john harris & soul sayers (ended on big money also)

tiarras foolish girl ?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

First c/up by Pat Brady early-mid 1980’s as Little Carl Carlton “Hey girl we’re in love” and stayed a one-off for near on 20+ years.

The recent circus surrounding the sale via Ebay prompted me onto YouTube to remind myself just how good it was. Wow abso-bloody-lutely wow. Talk about improving with age. It must have been a massive instant success - it’s got all the ingredients you need to get your shirt off and go absolutely mental to. Anybody there the first time Pat played it? Was a John Anderson find?

So my natural curiosity made me wonder what the flip side was like?

Very rarely talked about by collectors primarily because no buggers got a copy (laughs).

With a title “She Wrote It – I Read It” you know straight away it’s not gonna be one of them happy clappy songs. And it doesn’t disappoint……..

No point putting it on mi wants list then eh?!

Dx

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

1 hour ago, Derek Pearson said:

First c/up by Pat Brady early-mid 1980’s as Little Carl Carlton “Hey girl we’re in love” and stayed a one-off for near on 20+ years.

The recent circus surrounding the sale via Ebay prompted me onto YouTube to remind myself just how good it was. Wow abso-bloody-lutely wow. Talk about improving with age. It must have been a massive instant success - it’s got all the ingredients you need to get your shirt off and go absolutely mental to. Anybody there the first time Pat played it? Was a John Anderson find?

So my natural curiosity made me wonder what the flip side was like?

Very rarely talked about by collectors primarily because no buggers got a copy (laughs).

With a title “She Wrote It – I Read It” you know straight away it’s not gonna be one of them happy clappy songs. And it doesn’t disappoint……..

No point putting it on mi wants list the eh?!

Dx

I was at Bradford when Nigel Parker said to PB "that Carl Carlton of your sounds exactly like Junior McCants"; the only time I've actually seen the colour drain from somebody.

PB "er, um, yes it does a bit doesn't it"

That's when we knew what it was, but never found one, one listed etc.

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Hi To all the experts out there i just came across this link for Junior MaCants Try me for your new love and it seems to be rare from what i can see 

But i just found a copy in my old northern box on King its a blue copy and its original 

Is it worth a few quid any help would be great

Thanks

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Original said:

Hi To all the experts out there i just came across this link for Junior MaCants Try me for your new love and it seems to be rare from what i can see 

But i just found a copy in my old northern box on King its a blue copy and its original 

Thanks

The three that have gone through Ebay (see Popsike.com for details) have all fetched big money in the thousands ($17, $15 and $6 '000) and all have been White Promo's by the looks of it. So your Blue issue could be quite a find.

If you want to maximize your money go the auction way with Ebay or a dealer like John Manship who seems to get extraordinary prices for his auction 45's.

Edited by Billy Jo Jim Bob
Social source share

Thanks

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Original said:

So sorry i feel a idiot i have the other one by him the boy needs a girl should checked first 

So sorry 

😀 I was going to ask you that but I thought it would be rude to do so.😲

Anyway if anyone is interested in this 45 and the story of Junior McCants check this out.

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/history/2014/10/18/mystery-soul-singer-junior-mccants/17532395/

ATB

Andy

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Original said:

Hi Andy 

Thanks for the link i will read that later on tonight,  I am thinking of buying the 100 club copy could i kindly ask if this is ok to play out when Doing at OVO events. 

Kind Regards 

The one you have has risen in value, small consolation I guess. 😁

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Original said:

Hi Andy 

Thanks for the link i will read that later on tonight,  I am thinking of buying the 100 club copy could i kindly ask if this is ok to play out when Doing at OVO events. 

Kind Regards 

I'd steer clear of that sort of question on here as individuals tend to have fairly strong views one way and the other and other threads on OVO questions have gone off track lets say. 🤪

Someone might respond but get your tin hat on ready just in case😀

• Up vote 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Original said:

Hi Andy 

Kind Regards 

🙄🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤪. Tough question that. Obviously not if your guests has the original, personally I wouldn't but it's certainly a thorny issue.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Original said:

Hi Andy 

Kind Regards 

Just play the Boy Needs A Girl original that you already own.  It's still a fine tune and I actually prefer it to Try Me. It's nice to own rarities but a good set shouldn't be about bragging rights.

- Kev

• Up vote 2
Social source share

6 hours ago, Original said:

Hi Andy 

Kind Regards 

If you DJ, surely you can find a better selection of USA 45’s to spin - there’s plenty of superior records on the King label alone. The 100 Club release is a nice option to play in the house or at a wedding or even at the 100 Club Christmas Party. Despite there being virtually zero soul events at present, the proliferation of UK reissues poses a real threat to the purity of the scene when normality returns.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!