Don Thomas - Come On Train - Weird Uk Variation

Pete S

Anyone seen this before? I'm not trying to say it's rare or anything but I honestly can't remember seeing one with this old style design, and the catalogue number is 2 digits short of the one listed in JM's UK price guide. Enclosed is a copy of Jimmy Radcliffe on DJM, this is what the Don Thomas labels normally look like, and then the Don Thomas scan.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sure my copy look's like that one pete :shhh: will have to dig it out and look, i know its got the push out center, thats proberly why im thinking its the same, as the other variation you posted had a solid center

Social source share

Pretty sure mine is too Pete.

Well that's bizarre, 2 out of 3 people who replied have got that version and I've had like 5,000 UK records through my hands in the last decade and only ever seen that one copy!

p.s. I'm trying to think back to 75-76...from what I remember, DJM released it really really late after it had been played and pressed, I thought around 1977, still can't remember this label though

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Pete,

Like you say you've had thousands of records thru your hands, are you sure the old mind isn't playing tricks on you? Here's a scan of my promo copy. :shhh:

don.jpg(post-1182-1160758427_thumb.jpg

Mine's like this too, Pete....

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Hello

I just noticed the DJM release of "Long After Tonight Is All Over" credits Bert Berns as the producer. I wasn't aware he produced it - he wasn't credited on the Musicor or Stateside issues. A man can learn something every day.

Paul Mooney

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!