Northern Soul Classic Rare Footage

11 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

I recently found this video on Youtube and I thought it would be good to share on here.
This is Beverly Ann - You've got your mind on other things, sung buy Beverly Ann as her 'AKA'
Beverly Bremmers. I didn't find this out until just recently when I showed it to a friend and he
told me they were one in the same person. A bit of research confirmed the fact.
I've watched this about 10 times now and I have gradually fallen in love :-)
She's so pretty.

She's miming!

What a disappointment.

:(

Social source share

Well, I don't think she is, but could be wrong. Reason I don't think she is is if you look at the last part when if shows her sideways on, when she hit the top note, she is bang on. Also did they mime to records in the 70s in the states? I thought that was a TOTP thing to save on cost.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

4 hours ago, mike said:

always best if add all vids etc to the video feature

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/videos/

have you had a look there?

if you add a vid there then not only will the video get added to the feature

it will also get posted to the forums as well - see other video posts here

Tried to add but says it's already been added? Someone added it in 2014.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Northern Soul UK said:

Well, I don't think she is, but could be wrong. Reason I don't think she is is if you look at the last part when if shows her sideways on, when she hit the top note, she is bang on. Also did they mime to records in the 70s in the states? I thought that was a TOTP thing to sale on cost.

Deffo mining.

Social source share

11 hours ago, staceys dad said:

met her in LOS ANGELES on the soul trip back in 2006 ( i think )...and yes she was stunning......

Well I actually danced with her at the LA gig.....................(and her hubby).....................a real 'get smart girl' and overwhelmed by the occasion. Happy days.

Ed

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Sometimes the actual facts of a song/singer/label were not readily available at first exposure.........and eventually relegate it to 'blue eyed soul' and not for the 'purists' etc.

Get smart girl probably falls into that trap. For me it was always the 75 year old  Joanie Sommers and Don't Pity Me.

This brand of liquor probably sums it up :)

Ed

235.jpg

Social source share

• 11 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 00:58, Northern Soul UK said:

I recently found this video on Youtube and I thought it would be good to share on here.
This is Beverly Ann - You've got your mind on other things, sung buy Beverly Ann as her 'AKA'
Beverly Bremmers. I didn't find this out until just recently when I showed it to a friend and he
told me they were one in the same person. A bit of research confirmed the fact.
I've watched this about 10 times now and I have gradually fallen in love :-)
She's so pretty.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. :thumbup:  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

3 hours ago, chalky said:

She is miming IMO but youn were right with she's fit...or was. 

If she's miming it's not to the 45 though - same backing but a slightly different vocal in places and not as well produced, plus she improvises live several times

Love The Hef with his pipe at the start, like an Austin Powers type spoof 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Check out the cool black dude moving and a groovin in the background proper soul lover him, Sammy Davis look a like  methinks  🎶🎶🎶👏

Social source share

8 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

If she's miming it's not to the 45 though - same backing but a slightly different vocal in places and not as well produced, plus she improvises live several times

Love The Hef with his pipe at the start, like an Austin Powers type spoof 

Vocal sounds same as disc to me plus the improv in places....plus she has no mic.  I doubt with a mic just above her off camera she could get her voice across like that.  Still good to see though. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, chalky said:

Vocal sounds same as disc to me plus the improv in places....plus she has no mic.  I doubt with a mic just above her off camera she could get her voice across like that.  Still good to see though. 

At the risk of sounding like a trainspotter she sings a slightly different melody in places i.e. first line of the last verse 'Oh gotta keep going' (1.37 or so on the clip).

On the 45 the two syllables of 'Going' have different notes i.e. she drops down to the 'ing', whereas on the film she sings the same note for both. 

You see if I'm right :rofl:

Great clip either way 

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

At the risk of sounding like a trainspotter she sings a slightly different melody in places i.e. first line of the last verse 'Oh gotta keep going' (1.37 or so on the clip).

On the 45 the two syllables of 'Going' have different notes i.e. she drops down to the 'ing', whereas on the film she sings the same note for both. 

You see if I'm right :rofl:

Great clip either way 

I'll take your word for it :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!