News: Greg Belson's Divine Disco: American Gospel Disco 1974-1984

Mike

This just in....two years ago when Cultures of Soul approached me to compile a gospel disco album, I had no real idea of the work it would take to make the project a reality. The commitment, the time, the effort, of tracking down these amazing artists and releasing a set of music that speaks from the heart, mind and soul. Here we are in 2016, and I didn't anticipate the reactions it's been receiving....starting today, Lauren Laverne has confirmed 'Divine Disco' as her compilation of the week....that means peak time plays during the day, all week long, on a national broadcast service like BBC Radio 6 Music. I'm amazed and humbled...seriously. Thanks to everybody that's worked so hard to get the job done as well as those of you that have actually supported and bought the release itself....my cap is seriously doffed!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Well done, Greg. Definitely on my wants list, and thanks in particular in advance for the two Enlightment tracks. Together with the inclusion of another in the "Private Wax volume 2" comp from earlier this year, it won't be long before the whole album has been re-released!

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!