Hull Soul Club At The Trades And Labour

Guest soul_hull

Guest soul_hull

was last night.

Couldn't get there til half-ten but couldn't believe it when i walked in.

About 8 months ago i went to a HSC night at their old venue, and there were 11 people there - and that included me and me mate.

They have now had 3 events (i think) at their new venue, and it's just gone from strength to strength - about 70 at the first one, about 100 at the next, and it looked like even more last night!

As i say, i missed half the night due to a previous engagement, but the music was as usual, quality and well received with a packed dancefloor.

One or two minor criticisms then.......one of the dj's had a habit of cueing his next tune without having his fader down, so all could hear....so to do that,...and cue it up wrong so many times was a bit.....well it didn't do the dj any favours. Maybe pissed to be fair, but maybe wait til after the set to get wrecked? didn't spoil the night or anything, but spinning discs isn't the hardest job, technically at least - and yes i've done it many a time. Some of the music was bit too tried and tested - stuff you've heard 1000 times. that side of dj'ing is a lot harder - getting that balance between trying out new stuff, and being too obvious. imo they got it right at the first one a couple of months ago - some great and less known sixties, and smattering of 70s both rare and well-known. the second one they seemed to abandon 70s altogether, and last night....both 60s and 70s, but too much of it was just the big records you've heard a million times. but on the bright side - they've all been different.... so expect a change again next time.

But a really good strong night going there....worth checking out if you've never been to Hull.They have a website at https://hullsoulclub.com for further info.

and i got up at 1.15 pm today....to get up after 12 is very, very rare for me, which says a lot about how good a night it was.... !

Paul.

ps - i saw, for the first time, a guy wearing one of my t-shirts - i didn't let-on....but let me say - he looked extremely pleased with himself :rolleyes:

• Replies 0
  • Views 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source Advert