Soul nights in or near Oxford

Dave N

Hi 

Looking to go to Oxford as I have family there and want to make most of the trip by taking in a Soul Night, does anyone have any info of events in and around the area. Dates can be flexible as I am looking to fit the trip in with the family visit.

Many thanks

Daven

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There used to be regular do's @ the old Rover Social Club in Cowley but BMW shut the venue down. Don't think they've started anything new since the end of last year BUT I could be wrong.

Occasional soul do's in Banbury & Northampton. Used to be regular great nights in Newbury but not aware of anything there at present either.

Bit of a soul wasteland round here these days. 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Roburt said:

There used to be regular do's @ the old Rover Social Club in Cowley but BMW shut the venue down. Don't think they've started anything new since the end of last year BUT I could be wrong.

Occasional soul do's in Banbury & Northampton. Used to be regular great nights in Newbury but not aware of anything there at present either.

Bit of a soul wasteland round here these days. 

we got northern soul night on the 3rd September in Banbury at the trades & labour club, your be more than welcome

Steve

Social source share

Thanks for all the input and looks good for the Banbury, in answer to soul or northern, I tend to like the rarer Northern and Motown and my partner more towards the more early 70'S so we like a bit of a mix, we have one event near us which they say is a soul night and the nearest they got to a soul record was Barry White Let the music play and everything else played is more disco which we walked out and have not gone back, hope this helps.

Daven

Social source share

There is a northern night in Reading called 'Baregroove', first sat of the month at 'The Facebar'. Not a huge event and the dancefloor is not so good but nice friendly crowd. Not all dj's play ovo (I do if guesting...) but worth a look if you are in the area.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!