Al Greene and the Soul Mates RARE 1st local issue £40 Free P&P

Tlscapital

When I first discovered that edition 2 years ago, I started a quest thread in the LAYB forum. As I wasn't sure to understand the story behind it. It looked to be a first, local issue before to common Bell distributed copies. And digging on the net and taking into account the answers I got on here, I got to understand that this very edition destiny was something of an "all or nothing" deal for Al Greene. The story would go that this 45 came out of the pressing plant around March 1967 (if I remember correctly). It was a one shot round of ONLY 500 copies. They were distributed by themselves and promoted to radios but with little or no success. Anyway that unsuccessful venture at first quickly putted-off Al Greene who was starting to forgetting a career in the music business. With the month passing by, Curtis Rodgers kept on pushing the record to bigger radio stations and a story even goes that he used to pay people on the street next to a phone booth to call the local radios and request 'back up train'... And so more and more frequent air-play caught the ears of some people at Bell record by September 1967 to do some business together and SMASH it was an instant HIT ! In the States and abroad. So in my eyes this is an exclusive "corner stone" piece of history and what a double sider it is !

Small tear on 'A' side and sticker marks residue. Vinyl is Vg++ copy that plays strong as it looks.

Sound clip of both sides with needle drop & lift AND scans from actual record for sale.

Scan10001.JPG al greene.mp3 Scan10002.JPG

PM me for details.

Gradings used are M/Ex/Vg... through +/-

£40 (or best offer) free P&P all over the world - add £6 to have it registered

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic