Lou Pride "your Love Is Fading"

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Just seen this for sale on Soulspinners, got to admit, not heard it before, which begs the question "Anyone play this out?" Fantastic record! whistling.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

two releases on Suemi

both different takes

the YLIF for me is an old Shifty spin from about 10 years ago or thats where i first heard it

This is the Best version by far IMO with

"This is a mans world" on the flip 4569

slightyl diff colour of label too more blue than green

the other is the one Kev Listed. with "lonely room "

on the flip cant remember cat number and scan is poor.

Johnny Weston has the good version. Got it off Pat Brady

Carl Willingham had the same as Kevs one for sale a few years back If memory serves me right.

i love it

08244809731477e5e1ff144e96964f21.jpg(pos

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

two releases on Suemi

both different takes

the YLIF for me is an old Shifty spin from about 10 years ago or thats where i first heard it

Carl Willingham had the same as Kevs one for sale a few years back If memory serves me right.

i love it

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

what are you trying to say tedward

haha??

a reply with no reply in it????

siting here trying to remember (with out listening to clip ) the main difference apart from one being a lot better overall imo

yeah mike the clip listed is miles better than the other version.

isn't it the good one the one that has a bit with him semi-speaking somethink like "hey lou...." ? whistling.gif

cant remember that bit ???

Social source share

siting here trying to remember (with out listening to clip ) the main difference apart from one being a lot better overall imo

isn't it the good one the one that has a bit with him semi-speaking somethink like "hey lou...." ? :D

You're spot on Mike... i remember Mark Bicknell putting this on a tape for me.. must be nearly 20 years ago.

Seem to recall him paying something stupid like £4 for it... could be wrong on the amount but i know it was cheap.... he sold it not too long after that tape... boy was i miffed!! whistling.gif

Another record off that infamous Pete Miles tape from around the same time whistling.gif

Social source share

You're spot on Mike... i remember Mark Bicknell putting this on a tape for me.. must be nearly 20 years ago.

Seem to recall him paying something stupid like £4 for it... could be wrong on the amount but i know it was cheap.... he sold it not too long after that tape... boy was i miffed!! whistling.gif

Another record off that infamous Pete Miles tape from around the same time whistling.gif

glad you said that Joan cause just listened to both clips up in thread and am now confused :D , think its one for tomorrow

speaking of lou pride and shifty, memory says that lou pride ex- cover up he used to play is very similar to ylif and just as good, real name's gone west at moment, but know Andy Killicks been playing it recently

one to get ears on :D

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Mmmm interesting whistling.gif On listenening to the two different versions, I think I prefer the more 'laid back' version without the screaming on the intro. Less messy.

YLIF/IMMW/ 4568 the 'busy' version with the screaming intro- Green label

YLIF/LR/4569 the 'laid back' version, with a stronger vocal IMHO-Blue label

Which do you prefer? Suppose it'll be a case of some for one, some for t'other, so lets not bother whistling.gif

Whats the diff, price wise, btw?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Mmmm interesting whistling.gif On listenening to the two different versions, I think I prefer the more 'laid back' version without the screaming on the intro. Less messy.

YLIF/IMMW/ 4568

YLIF/LR/4569

So which is which?

I love them both, think I heard John Weston play it at Middleton a while back, the smoother version has the fantastic sax break. It went pretty cheap on John Manships auction a while ago, would have loved to buy it, but skint as usual.

Social source share

prefer the version Tabitha put up here. maybe cause I´m more used to that one but think its slightly better.

for me first introduced by Andy Dyson when he visited Gothenburg and Christian B on my trips to Oslo whistling.gif

another thing that differs is the saxsolo in the laidback version thats not on the other + the genius "dadadadada" (a no 5 in Morse code btw .... ) trumpets are missing on some parts on the laidback one

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

It's an old SouL Essence spin from a few years ago. whistling.gif

Yep, Rod Dearlove whistling.gif Soul Essnce 2 but used to play it at Thorne before that :D

Hope you are well Steve ?

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Nice track ,but not as good as "Look out love" on Albatross I.M.H.O. But a lot better than I'm Cummin home.

Regards Ritchie :thumbsup:

Spot on ! Belting record. Bloody hard to find though !

Social source share

saw the best one non messy version sell for £700

the messy one ..saw it sell for £500

I actually wouldnt even consider buying messy release as its exactly that.MESSY

not a patch on the other.. :thumbsup:

Mmmm interesting :ohmy: On listenening to the two different versions, I think I prefer the more 'laid back' version without the screaming on the intro. Less messy.

YLIF/IMMW/ 4568 the 'busy' version with the screaming intro- Green label

YLIF/LR/4569 the 'laid back' version, with a stronger vocal IMHO-Blue label

Which do you prefer? Suppose it'll be a case of some for one, some for t'other, so lets not bother :yes:

Whats the diff, price wise, btw?

Hi Ritchie

Do you have a sound file for this one mate??

regards gasher

Nice track ,but not as good as "Look out love" on Albatross I.M.H.O. But a lot better than I'm Cummin home.

Regards Ritchie :yes:

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

saw the best one non messy version sell for £700

the messy one ..saw it sell for £500

I actually wouldnt even consider buying messy release as its exactly that.MESSY

not a patch on the other.. :thumbsup:

Hi Ritchie

Do you have a sound file for this one mate??

regards gasher

Hello Ritchie,

Sorry but I dont have a soundclip to put up here, but I do have a copy of the record. I need to speak to Mike to see if I can do another six pack of 70's & 80's stuff and include "Look out love"

Best regards Ritchie. :yes:

Social source share

Seem to recall him paying something stupid like £4 for it... could be wrong on the amount but i know it was cheap.... he sold it not too long after that tape... boy was i miffed!! :thumbsup:

Another record off that infamous Pete Miles tape from around the same time :yes:

I've got it on a tape from about 87 - have a funny, funny feeling that its one of Pete Miles. will just have to find it now! If I remember rightly the tape is just full of awesome tunes.....

Sometimes you make me feel so old! :yes:

Social source share

two releases on Suemi

both different takes

i love it

Got the instumental of "i`m coming home/your love is fading,£2.......well it had writing on the label,............Mad Mikcs record............and Lou`s autograph,along with Kenny Smith`s too,why?,he wasnt called Mad Mikc for nothing bless him.

Edited by ken
Social source share

I'm not being funny, but can someone please explain what they hear in "Your Love Is Fading" because I am not feeling it?

That's because you're not a soulboy, but a funkster... wicked.gif

Next, you'll be telling us that Herman Hitson's "Ain't no other way" is

better than the ultimate soul masterpiece "You can't keep a good man down" (!!!) :thumbsup:

But still - "It's man's world" is a fantastic tune as well... :thumbsup:

Best,

Christian

Edited by cC B
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert