Collection Filing - How Do You Do It?

Dave65

22 hours ago, Roburt said:

Mr Smithy, that ain't your collection, that was a real record warehouse in Africa (Nigeria me thinks ?) ... AND .. that was the state it was in before the UK collector started to look thru the stock.

Of course it isn't mine, mine is worse than that, and that would just be the spare room at Smithy Towers.
To illustrate the joke if you type "pile of records" into google for a random pic and pick one, that was the one I picked.

Social source share

40 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Of course it isn't mine, mine is worse than that, and that would just be the spare room at Smithy Towers.
To illustrate the joke if you type "pile of records" into google for a random pic and pick one, that was the one I picked.

Maybe googling "sense of humour" might be useful......

Social source share

2 hours ago, Steve L said:

Not you obviously, whoever responded as if your post was serious .......:g:

OK Fair nuff, I just wondered how many there were out there were waiting for the penny to drop, I didn't think there would be any, and I wasn't sure if you were one of them. Pologies.

Social source share

On 8/20/2016 at 22:38, Steve L said:

Not you obviously, whoever responded as if your post was serious .......:g:

So you thought my response was serious .... get a life .....

As I said earlier, I keep my collection in dozens of boxes, many kept under the bed in the spare room. Some are in plastic boxes, some in cardboard & some in wooden ones.

My faves are these collectors items I got from the Chelsea Team shop (Abramovich commissioned some to keep his 45 collection in & there were spares left over) .....

RecBox2.jpg

DSCF9674.JPG

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

1 hour ago, Roburt said:

So you thought my response was serious .... get a life .....

As I said earlier, I keep my collection in dozens of boxes, many kept under the bed in the spare room. Some are in plastic boxes, some in cardboard & some in wooden ones.

My faves are these collectors items I got from the Chelsea Team shop (Abramovich commissioned some to keep his 45 collection in & there were spares left over) .....

RecBox2.jpg

DSCF9674.JPG

Help me eyes, theyre burning ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

To be honest, I'm quite surprised by the number of strict alphabeticisers (?!) and label run collectors. Surely this only works as a system if you know exactly what record you want to listen to - or feel like listening to a load of Okeh 45s or whatever?

My collection is sorted by genre, and if any sub-genres within are big enough they get their own sections. So, if I'm DJing I can go to the relevant box: 60s northern soul, 70s soul, disco, Motown, Kent, Blue Cat/Red Bird, funk, nu-funk, James Brown productions, Eddie Bo productions, jazz, girl groups, mod stuff, reggae/ska, new arrivals etc  And plenty of genres which are of no interest to anyone on here!

Social source share

I wouldn't know how to start as I collect all different genres; NS, MS DS, SS, gospel, blues, funk, disco, Motown, Stax, Cleveland labels ....

.... I also collect UK / US / foreign releases from around 25 other countries ....

.... so I wouldn't go with alphabetical or by genre .... no idea where I'd start ... PLUS there's all the 12"ers, LP's, CD's ... I'll leave it till next year again) .....

... just to finish, another one of my wooden boxes, a big brute that I keep some of my picture sleeve 7"s in ... too big to lug about much though ... 

DSCF9676.JPG

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• 7 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!