Auction payment delay

Liamgp

I put a record on auction with a well-known dealer and, after it was sold, waited what I thought was a decent amount of time (three weeks) before asking about payment. However the person who bought it hadn't coughed up the money yet, so I waited another couple of weeks. Still no money from the buyer. Eventually after another fortnight I enquired if the winning bidder had paid and if not, could they please cancel the whole thing and send the record back to me. Response was 'He's paid and you'll get your money soon.' Now another two weeks later and still no money. I am most unimpressed with the whole affair and regard it as very poor customer service to put it mildly....my last email didn't even get a response and this is a reputable dealer I'm talking about not some Ebay cowboy.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience auctioning records? 

Social source share

OK, I've sent them another email asking what's going on, so I won't say who the dealer is at the moment. I'm not out to name and shame anyone as I'm sure this is more to do with the winning bidder delaying payment than any monkey business on the part of the dealer, but I really just wanted to know if this sort of delay is commonplace as it makes me reluctant to use auction services in the future since I'm not doing this for any other reason than to get my money ASAP. Thanks for all the replies.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!