NEV

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI ALL

CAN ANY CLEVER PERSON PLEASE TELL ME WHICH LP BY THE FIVE STAIRSTEPS IS THE TRACK "IM THE ONE WHO LOVE YOU " ON :unsure:yes.gif

MANY THANKS IN ANTICIPATION. :lol:

NEV

UK Buddah "Stay Close To Me " 2365015 from 1971. A sean Hampsey spin from the ealy eighties.

And thanks for the record. :lol:

Steve

Social source share

wasn't this the same track Darrell Banks recorded or someone i sure i heard it Friday when i was out

Close Paul. The track was recorded by Major Lance and the Impressions (being a Curtis Mayfield composition) both real nice Chicago Soul cuts but the Stairsteps version, having been recorded much later is a much smoother 'Crossover' track which, as Steve said above, I've been playing out since the early 80's (Clifton Hall, Cleethorpes, Bradford etc.).

More recently, I've included it in my sets at Soul Essence once or twice over the years and it always goes down well, but until this thread I've never seen it get a mention.

For me its one of the finest Soulful Dance tracks ever!

Simply Gorgeous!

And thanks for the name check Steve.

As you know, I've been plugging this baby for decades... and I'm pretty sure you'll be playing it too!

Now we only need another 2 or 3 'Soul DJ's' to pick up on it and we could have a Monster on our hands!

whistling.gif

Sean

Social source share

Close Paul. The track was recorded by Major Lance and the Impressions (being a Curtis Mayfield composition) both real nice Chicago Soul cuts but the Stairsteps version, having been recorded much later is a much smoother 'Crossover' track which, as Steve said above, I've been playing out since the early 80's (Clifton Hall, Cleethorpes, Bradford etc.).

More recently, I've included it in my sets at Soul Essence once or twice over the years and it always goes down well, but until this thread I've never seen it get a mention.

For me its one of the finest Soulful Dance tracks ever!

Simply Gorgeous!

And thanks for the name check Steve.

As you know, I've been plugging this baby for decades... and I'm pretty sure you'll be playing it too!

Now we only need another 2 or 3 'Soul DJ's' to pick up on it and we could have a Monster on our hands!

whistling.gif

Sean

Ever since you sold me the coverless album :lol:

I posted it here over a year ago, and it as very well recieved by the ones who didn't know it. Sublime record :lol:

Social source share

Ever since you sold me the coverless album :P

I posted it here over a year ago, and it as very well recieved by the ones who didn't know it. Sublime record :unsure:

A BIG THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFO AND REALLY GLAD YOU GUYS AGREE, WHAT A FANTASTIC SOUND THIS IS .

DID'NT KNOW WETHER IT WAS GETTING PLAYS AND TO BE HONEST I WAS LISTENING TO "THE ARCADES-THERES GOT TO BE A LOSER" AND THOUGHT.WHERE THE F**K DO I KNOW THAT TUNE FROM :P

I MANAGED TO WORK OUT THE SONG I KNEW WAS CALLED "I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU" BUT WHEN I HEARD THIS 5 STAIRSTEPS( ALTHOUGH IT STILL WAS'NT THE ONE I KNEW ) I THOUGHT YES THATS THE BEST VERSION (IMHO). :P

STILL DOES'NT HELP ME GETTING HOLD OF A COPY THOUGH :lol:

CHEERS

. NEV

Social source share

A BIG THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFO AND REALLY GLAD YOU GUYS AGREE, WHAT A FANTASTIC SOUND THIS IS .

DID'NT KNOW WETHER IT WAS GETTING PLAYS AND TO BE HONEST I WAS LISTENING TO "THE ARCADES-THERES GOT TO BE A LOSER" AND THOUGHT.WHERE THE F**K DO I KNOW THAT TUNE FROM unsure.gif

I MANAGED TO WORK OUT THE SONG I KNEW WAS CALLED "I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU" BUT WHEN I HEARD THIS 5 STAIRSTEPS( ALTHOUGH IT STILL WAS'NT THE ONE I KNEW ) I THOUGHT YES THATS THE BEST VERSION (IMHO). :lol:

STILL DOES'NT HELP ME GETTING HOLD OF A COPY THOUGH :lol:

CHEERS

. NEV

Sorry Nev,

Sold my spare UK Buddah copy to Steve Mannion.

But this should help...

Its also on the "Loves Happening" US Curtom LP (CRS 8002) from 1969.

I've got one of those too, but the cover is very different to the UK copy so I'm hanging onto it.

The LP also features the immaculate "Baby, Make Me Feel So Good".

Should be easier to track down than a clean UK copy.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Another thought!

Any fans of Jesse James "Are You Gonna Leave Me" will love this track as its a dead ringer in so many ways!

Now if it was a scarce 45 on a hideously obscure label ... what price the 5 Stairsteps?

Trust me. This is well worth looking out for.

:thumbsup:

Sean

JEEZZZZ SEAN

I KNEW I HAD HEARD IT BEFORE .HAVE HAD MP3 OF JESSE JAMES ON COMP SO LONG I FORGOT I HAD IT! :lol:

DONT THINK IT GETS PLAYED OUT ANYWHERE .IF MY MEM SERVES ME RIGHT THIS IS HIS RAREST CHOON AND NOT MANY ABOUT!

ME THINKS I SECURED THE CURTOM LP ,JUST WAITING FOR EMAIL CONFIRMATION.FINGERS CROSSED.

NEV

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert