Curtis Lee (Pat Brady auction result)

Dimples

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 20:05, Aaron Darcy said:

Even the Coda copies  aren't  that rare quite few have turned up on Ebay , IMO Coda release £450 Mira release £300

6 in the last two years, all well over £500 on popsike, but mine staying where it is, don't play it out, as I think for now it needs a rest.

Edited by Baldsoulie
Social source share

Great tune and will always be wanted. Recent dancefloor reaction had pushed the price up. The Coda find has leaked out and dried up. Mira is now the label to wait for but a white DJ  is particularly hard to come by. To appreciate the 'value' of the finishing prices on Pat's auctions, you need to watch the starting 'bids', incremental 'bids' and winning 'bids' closely. Best way to acquire this record at the lower, older price is a private sale or trade-deal. Good hunting.

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
Mira not Mirwood label
Social source share

14 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Great tune and will always be wanted. Recent dancefloor reaction had pushed the price up. The Coda find has leaked out and dried up. Mirwood is now the label to wait for but a white DJ  is particularly hard to come by. To appreciate the 'value' of the finishing prices on Pat's auctions, you need to watch the starting 'bids', incremental 'bids' and winning 'bids' closely. Best way to acquire this record at the lower, older price is a private sale or trade-deal. Good hunting.

What is the story of this record, Coda (CPI Music Co.) BMI &, Mira Demo (Seahorse Music Co.) BMI,   Mira Issue (Seahorse Music Co/Mirwood Music) BMI  but not listed as a release on the Mirwood Label on the Mirwood discog.  Was Coda (local?)  bought by Mirwood (for national release) and issued on sister label Mira.  Was there a Mirwood demo/release?.  This is a question not a statement, just to clarify my own thoughts.

Edited by Baldsoulie
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Baldsoulie said:

What is the story of this record, Coda (CPI Music Co.) BMI &, Mira Demo (Seahorse Music Co.) BMI,   Mira Issue (Seahorse Music Co/Mirwood Music) BMI  but not listed as a release on the Mirwood Label on the Mirwood discog.  Was Coda (local?)  bought by Mirwood (for national release) and issued on sister label Mira.  Was there a Mirwood demo/release?.  This is a question not a statement, just to clarify my own thoughts.

Just assumed it was a local label before being picked up by Mira. My apologies, I meant Mira and not Mirwood.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

56 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Just assumed it was a local label before being picked up by Mira. My apologies, I meant Mira and not Mirwood.

Mira was run by Randall Wood (formerly of VeeJay) who also did Mirwood - although Mira was more jazz and pop orientated it appears.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!