Kevin Laverty Or "soufriere1" - Warning

Guest cC B

joey singleton the boxer lives near me

perhaps i should give him a holliday in Sweden

Yes, you should, since nobody on the swedish soul scene seem to bother

to deal with him :thumbsup: He's still DJ'ing every now and then in Stockholm, or so I've

been told.. What a fucking scum..

Edited by cC B
Social source share

• Replies 68
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Nov 28 2006, 09:55 AM) link

If I remember correctly, lisa jakobsson was Haluk Kilic's girlfriend or something.

Haluk Kilic has ripped off one of my Japanese friends for $$$$ in records. He's

another f*cking notorious hustler that people should avoid at all costs. Think he

still sells on eBay, but probably changes his ID quite often.

CB

hmmm... thanks for the head up, i have an order sitting for him at the moment and i had a feeling something wasn't quite right. might have to be cancelled i think as i feel a possible paypal scam coming on 'oh i never got the record, etc'

Paul

Social source share

If I remember correctly, lisa jakobsson was Haluk Kilic's girlfriend or something.

another f*cking notorious hustler that people should avoid at all costs. Think he

CB

hmmm... thanks for the head up, i have an order sitting for him at the moment and i had a feeling something wasn't quite right. might have to be cancelled i think as i feel a possible paypal scam coming on 'oh i never got the record, etc'

Paul

cancel imidiately is my advice . never met the guy myself. only heard bad things though
Social source share

CB

yes think your right christian

name sounds familiar

police dont seem to want to be bothered unless there major drug dealers

joey singleton the boxer lives near me

pahaps i should give him a holliday in Sweden

Dave Moore lives in Florida. Does Dave know this guy? (Hope our friend doesn't ever upset Dave. You wouldn't need Joey Singleton then!).
Social source share

Sorry if slightly off tack with the original post, but I had a whole heap of crap from Haluk Kilic about 2 years ago.

You won the auction - get this - then had to pay by paypal IMMEDIATELY after it ended; not 3 days, within 1 week etc.

I read between the lines, and determined that he basically didn't have the records, but had the contact in the US.

This, I assumed, was then sent off to the US and A and he was sent the record. He then sends the record out to you when he gets it.

I'd had some problems the first time I dealt with him, and he got a bit personal. I thought we'd sorted out the problem the 2nd time I won one of his items, but he was even worse.

The record in question was Philip James on Longwood, and after reading his ebay feedback, noticed he'd had problems with delivery of that record previously, which caused alarm bells to ring.

He'd had some particularly nasty feedback from peed-off Funk collectors too.

I eventually got the record 6-8 wks late and never dealt with the man again.

Although he maintained contact, the obvious lies/threats he put in the emails confirmed what type of person he was.

Basically, don't deal with him or send him any money whatsoever!

Jamie :thumbsup:

Social source share

Obviously, there should be a seperate section on Soul Source called

"name & shame", where we could make a list of all the wankers who

rip off soul collectors wink.gif ...or we could just raise enough money

to hire a hitman and take care of 'em once and for all :thumbsup: Any

Cosa Nostra members on board :thumbsup: ?

Edited by cC B
Social source share

I understand that it's upsetting (to say the least!) to be ripped-off for maybe thousands of dollars. But suggesting a solution to the situation - on a public forum! - where killing and beating up people seems to be the prefered way of "taking care" of things is, how shall I put it... not very smart.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathise with all of you who's been ripped-off.

Social source share

Sorry if slightly off tack with the original post, but I had a whole heap of crap from Haluk Kilic about 2 years ago.

You won the auction - get this - then had to pay by paypal IMMEDIATELY after it ended; not 3 days, within 1 week etc.

I read between the lines, and determined that he basically didn't have the records, but had the contact in the US.

This, I assumed, was then sent off to the US and A and he was sent the record. He then sends the record out to you when he gets it.

I'd had some problems the first time I dealt with him, and he got a bit personal. I thought we'd sorted out the problem the 2nd time I won one of his items, but he was even worse.

The record in question was Philip James on Longwood, and after reading his ebay feedback, noticed he'd had problems with delivery of that record previously, which caused alarm bells to ring.

He'd had some particularly nasty feedback from peed-off Funk collectors too.

I eventually got the record 6-8 wks late and never dealt with the man again.

Although he maintained contact, the obvious lies/threats he put in the emails confirmed what type of person he was.

Basically, don't deal with him or send him any money whatsoever!

Jamie :thumbsup:

YES THAT WAS THE RECORD/S

A REQUEST FOR HIS TAX RECORDS MIGHT BE OVERDUE

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Nov 28 2006, 04:55 AM) link

CB

I can confirm this as well, I had major problems with this guy about 1.5 years ago, and after doing some research I discovered quite a few people who had been ripped off by him/his girlfriend, including our mutual friend in Japan.

As others have said, avoid these two at all costs. They probably do switch ebay IDs often, just look out for their names/addresses if nothing else and steer clear.

Best of luck to all of those who have dealt with this Canadian guy as well, what a nightmare.

Maintaining some sort of list/forum category for proven rip-off sellers would be a very good idea in my opinion.

Social source share

Paul

I would strongly suggest you cancel, he likes to "buy" records and then claim he never received them. He gets the record, you get your money taken away from Paypal and probably get your whole account screwed up as well.

He scammed me with a paypal chargeback and my account was frozen for quite some time, causing serious problems doing business with many of my other customers until it was fixed. I convinced Paypal to refund half of the money in the end (they agreed after looking at his ebay/Paypal/buying history and seemed to realize he was a crook), but it took a pretty long time and a lot of phone calls. :thumbsup:

However, if you send it registered you have proof of mailing and you should have no problem if he pulls this crap on you.....something I wish I had done (of course he may refuse to pay for extra services like registed/insured etc so it can be a no-win).

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

Christian,

have you checked with eBay? This info comes up when you type in his e-mail address.

Maybe find the seller via eBay? If he's a valid member on eBay I am sure he's still doing business through them. Then sort out the problem through eBay with a possible transaction? Even if you don't ever want to do business with the guy....

The email address soufriere1@yahoo.com is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 1365 (98.5% positive). We have not found a transaction between you and this member in the last 60 days. For privacy purposes, it is eBay's policy that User IDs are not revealed to members who are not involved in current or recent transactions with each other.

Social source share

Thanks for the info! Although, the record he 'sold' me (and obviously didn't have)

was not through eBay unfortunately, and paid for by cash :wicked: Won't make that

same mistake again :angry: Had I paid using paypal, everything would have been

much easier. But then again, Kevin insisted on cash and I was stupid enough to

trust him. Obviously, he intended to steal my money from the very start...

CB

Christian,

have you checked with eBay? This info comes up when you type in his e-mail address.

Maybe find the seller via eBay? If he's a valid member on eBay I am sure he's still doing business through them. Then sort out the problem through eBay with a possible transaction? Even if you don't ever want to do business with the guy....

The email address soufriere1@yahoo.com is used by a valid eBay member with a feedback score of 1365 (98.5% positive). We have not found a transaction between you and this member in the last 60 days. For privacy purposes, it is eBay's policy that User IDs are not revealed to members who are not involved in current or recent transactions with each other.

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Oct 17 2006, 08:52 AM) link
<!--quotec--> Re: Kevin Laverty or "soufriere1"

This Canadian c*nt has stolen $$$$ from me, gone silent and then refuses to answer

any emails or phone calls. I have proof from the Canadian Post Office that he signed for

and picked up my packages in early September. I know that this is not the first time this

lying/cheating bastard has pulled such a stunt, but still... For God's sake.. DO NOT

buy/trade anything from this man...

If anyone doubt my story - get in touch offline - and I'll provide all the proof that you'll

ever need. Also, if anyone knows this c*nt, please get in touch with me or Kevin himself.

Fresh Productions

c/o Kevin Laverty

43 Guildcrest Drive

Scarborough, Ontario

Canada M1E 1E2

(416) 266-9199

soufriere1@yahoo.com

I want my money back or my 45 vinyl... ranting_1.gif

Christian Broedsjoe

if you really want to get your money back or the record that you've paid for...may I suggest to try to inform eBay about the false identities this seller is using. Since he is also a registered valid user on eBay I am pretty sure eBay can take some sort of action against him... check out this link

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-false.html

you can report the problem about false identities of sellers with ebay. See how they react.

Contact Customer Support

s.gif

iconMailBlue_16x16.gifReport listing violations or problems with another eBay member.

otherwise why not get in touch with a legal advisor over in Canada, I know this will cost money but at least this might bring a solution of the problem...at least you can get information on the legal steps to get your money back. Since the money was sent as Registered mail I suppose you have some sort of legal right if the mail was received and signed for. And you seem to have all the seller's information...

check out these for free legal information on your problem. Advice may not always be free, but gettin information surely is

www.worldlawdirect.com/

www.freelawyer.co.uk/

I've done some research myself to find a law firm in Scarborough, Ontario

check out

https://www.lawyers.com/Ontario/Scarborough...-3993456-f.html

trying won't hurt I suppose...success!! :D

Edited by eedeecee
Social source share

Guest rushden

Hate Scammers dont give up the internet is all powerful shame THE B******* . . Two years ago a californian seller did me like a kipper 600 us private sale the records arrived 6 months late with out the raries i wanted as i just done an ebay deal with em i complaned to ebay and put in a pay pall claim as no money in account they just suspended him , this year he wanted to sell on ebay ect ect so before i would sort his probs out with ebay ect ect he sent me the rarer eddie foster stock mint as compansation - so stick with it & good luck john in da heat

QUOTE(C.B @ Oct 17 2006, 07:52 AM) link Re: Kevin Laverty or "soufriere1"

This Canadian c*nt has stolen $$$$ from me, gone silent and then refuses to answer

any emails or phone calls. I have proof from the Canadian Post Office that he signed for

and picked up my packages in early September. I know that this is not the first time this

lying/cheating bastard has pulled such a stunt, but still... For God's sake.. DO NOT

buy/trade anything from this man...

If anyone doubt my story - get in touch offline - and I'll provide all the proof that you'll

ever need. Also, if anyone knows this c*nt, please get in touch with me or Kevin himself.

Fresh Productions

c/o Kevin Laverty

43 Guildcrest Drive

Scarborough, Ontario

Canada M1E 1E2

(416) 266-9199

soufriere1@yahoo.com

I want my money back or my 45 vinyl... :thumbsup:

Christian Broedsjoe

had a simular thing from a girl in Sweden

Lisa Jakobsson

she bought a few 12" things off me via paypal,one a month,sent me wants etc

then offered me a cheap modern record,worth 300-00 if i sent money---100 quid

sent it int recorded,got the record well pleased

2 weeks later,did you sell it,do you want another 4,have contact in us

who has them ,sent off 400-00------got them ok

yep you guessed it,need another 4

sent money

didnt hear anything for 2 weeks,sorry for delay got 3 for you,lent other out just waiting for it to come back,then can send the 4 together

3 weeks later

sorry,hes been away,should get them by next week

NEVER DID GET ANY RECORDS

GIRL DISAPEARED,STOPPED APPEARING ON E-BAY ETC

Heres the address

lisa jakobsson

vapengaten 12, 3 tr

126 52

hagersten

sweden

of cource e-bay werent bothered

heard later she had ripped a few others off

this was about 2 years ago :unsure:

Social source share

Thanks for the support John. And special thanks to 'eedeecee' (not sure who you are)

for all that info! Really appreciate it. Will check it out.

Best,

Christian

Edited by cC B
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest the average man

I admire your tenacity Chris but I'd lost patience with it all... :thumbsup:

Seeing as I'll have a bit more time on my hands, I'm going to make a mental note to phone the shop he works at every day until I go back to work in a couple of weeks.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

I admire your tenacity Chris but I'd lost patience with it all... :thumbsup:

Seeing as I'll have a bit more time on my hands, I'm going to make a mental note to phone the shop he works at every day until I go back to work in a couple of weeks.... :thumbsup:

I'm waaaaaaay beyond "losing patience", mate :thumbsup: I did that months ago!

Now I've realised that my money is long gone and that Kevin doesn't have my record...

He obviously never had it anyway.. Guess he just wanted to steal my hard earned cash

in order to buy drugs, hookers or whatever.. Fucking crook..

May Kevin Laverty rot in hell..

CB

Edited by cC B
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert