Articles: The Story Of Larry Banks And The Servicemen

Chalky

Great Job Chalky (as always) with some fantastic photos too. :thumbsup:

It's always makes the job a hellva lot easier when the artists themselves have had the peace of mind to hang on to some of their own memorabilia.

"I'll Never Stop Loving You" was one of Grapevine 2000's best sellers a complete sell out and it now appears to have become a furure rarity. I bet some of the people who turned their noses up at it when first released now wish they had opened their wallets quicker. Still recieving calls from punters and retailers alike but unfortunately the cupboard is now well and truely bare ! :yes: Great records always have their day and this has always been a great record :thumbup:

Dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The Servicemen for me are one hell of a group, love them to bits and its true we named our pet cat Hadley in recognition of Hadley Murells involvement with this group. Great write up on this group Chalky and so quick, love it. Its a real shame they couldn't of graced our stage over here at one of the week-enders. Thank-you guys for making my life that much better with your songs x Gilly and Nicola

• Helpful 2
Social source share

9 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

Beyond impressive .... Well done Chalky for a brilliant job done so quickly .... And thanks to Larry for preserving history

Andy

The car broke down at the beginning of the week....didn't get fixed till Thursday so I made good use of those three days by writing this, full time job :D  

Many thanks everyone for the comments, they are much appreciated.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Baz Atkinson said:

Brilliant read Chalky some real interesting stuff there and very well researched Larry got on to the Spring logo in the seventies which of course had some real big names at the time he was obviously a massive talent ! 

Cheers mate.  Larry isn't the Larry Banks from NYC on the likes of Spring.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 months later...
On 29/01/2017 at 14:35, chalky said:

Larry Banks kindly sent me a couple of CDs.  One of Connie and Sweet Magic taken from the masters and one of the El-Deons rehearsing for a reunion gig.  Larry kindly said I could share with you so hear are the El-Deons.

was some issues with the mp3 attachment - a solid one has now been added to the main article...

the El-Deons...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 5 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!