Benny Troy Original?

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

13 minutes ago, SoulBoyRecords said:

Confused ... boots outta sight etc ... what are matrix numbers in the real wanna give you tomorrow ? I have a copy can't for the life of me find info on real or not .. matrix is scratched DEP 1572A then gap to JR flip is disco version Help! 

Mine DEP1572, mono one side, stereo the other.

Social source share

I bought my copy from the USA about 6 years ago, it was sold as an original:

Vinyl, De -Lite records, serrated edge around label.

Promotional Not For Sale 

Stereo side has 'DEP1572A' and 'JR.' in the run-out

Mono side has 'DEP1572' (lightly crossed out) and 'DEP1572A-DJ' and 'JR' in the run-out.

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Just thought I'd mention that there are at least two different original Vinyl promo pressings. One has a short and a longer "disco" mix, the other has both sides with the longer "disco" mix from memory. I had both  but sold the latter one recently. I also saw a Styrene original up for sale recently,[Issue copy], which I personally never had seen before, I thought all were vinyl copies. Definite original though,not a repress.

The original question concerning the outta site copies……..They are dead easy to tell, they all have an outta site star logo on the lookalike label so theres no real confusion.

All the best, Ivor

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Just checking out a couple of records including copy of Benny Troy which has same details as soul16 from this old thread....

On 02/09/2016 at 18:31, Soul16 said:

I bought my copy from the USA about 6 years ago, it was sold as an original:

Vinyl, De -Lite records, serrated edge around label.

Promotional Not For Sale 

Stereo side has 'DEP1572A' and 'JR.' in the run-out

Mono side has 'DEP1572' (lightly crossed out) and 'DEP1572A-DJ' and 'JR' in the run-out.

This copy is the 3.56 mix on both sides (no disco mix) but if i look at JM's book he only mentions one with disco mix as being original and the ones without as being re-issues. I am not sure if this is because he is referring to the original issue rather than any demo variants..   I am also wondering if there were any re-issues(or boots) of the demo anyway?   any help to confirm if an original or a re-issue would be gratefully received. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert