CURTIS MAYFIELD.....ALL I WANT TO DO IS LOVE YOU ???

Glenssoulsounds

i think that's the title ?..or "you've gotta move on up" all i know is its about 7 mins long (12") maybe ? its a disco/house track...any one know the details etc...& where i can get one, on vinyl...pm me with any clues,....many thanks  SOUND CLIP ADDED...... this is the track wanted,.... the sound clip..

NEW FULL VERSION CURTIS - YOUV'E GOTTA MOVE ON UP 7+ mins.mp3

Edited by GLENSSOULSOUNDS
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

thanks for that ...but,..its not the version i have on tape...mine is just curtis singing away with an uptempo house type consistant beat, no gimmicky synth ,backing singers,doing their thing...i played the bran van hoping it was that buy nah!...thanks again though...glen.

Social source share

Guest black1deck
On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 23:51, GLENSSOULSOUNDS said:

i think that's the title ?..or "you've gotta move on up" all i know is its about 7 mins long (12") maybe ? its a disco/house track...any one know the details etc...& where i can get one, on vinyl...pm me with any clues,....many thanks  SOUND CLIP ADDED

what you want is BRAN VAN 3000 feat. CURTIS MAYFIELD -ASTOUNDED.    180 for sale on discogs very cheap

Social source share

It is definitely Bran Van 3000 'Astounded' slowed down, it could be one of the remixes on the CD single only. The Eric Kupper and MJ Cole versions are on vinyl and are more similar to the one you posted than the album version. The intro is so long it's more than likely someone has edited it to make it longer too,

cheers Sutty

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, chartertime said:

Yes think I have Percy Sledge - am away at present. Not played since 70s so guess VG+ .

Can dig  it out Monday evening - £20 - can collect I live  in Warrington area.

Sure it has a middle !

Alex

6 minutes ago, chartertime said:

Yes think I have Percy Sledge - am away at present. Not played since 70s so guess VG+ .

Can dig  it out Monday evening - £20 - can collect I live  in Warrington area.

Sure it has a middle !

Alex

Social source share

I AM INTERESTED ALEX..BUT I DON'T WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH FOR IT,..AS YOU SAID ITS NOT A CURRENT "POPULAR" 45,...LIKE YOU MEMORIES FROM ANOTHER ERA ?...BUT THANKS FOR THE REPLY & OFFER,....I'M IN MY 60s NOW DON'T GO OUT TO "DOO'S" ANYMORE,...JUST WANT MY "OLD STUFF BACK"..ON THE LABELS I HAD THEM ON...SAD BUT THERE YOU GO,...ALL THE BEST TO YOU & YOURS,...NOW AN OLD BUGGER !!!....GLEN.

Social source share