Articles: NORTHERN SOUL SAVED MY LIFE

Guest Carl Dixon

Always nice to see and hear passion. Whether those artists from the 1960's or today, it is the same thing. With so many artists now unable to travel and not around anymore, it will be up to people like Sarah to continue this musical legacy for a different generation and those of course who like a live performance or two of classic soul tunes. Best of luck Sarah with your endeavours. You have done all this 'Just in the nick of time'! Nice article.

Social source share

Guest jimvulcan

I am the author of Great Music Never Dies, the US website that is referenced in the article.  It is a music thread on Facebook that is devoted to the best in old school R&B. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Great-Music-Never-Dies-102459816508722/

In my opinion, Sarah deserves a recording contract.  I have been doing this for over 10 years and cannot praise her enough!!! She is like a combination of Dusty Springfield and Lulu...I simply love her breathy, sexy and passionate vocals!!!

I consider myself somewhat of a music historian...and Sarah is the one of the best "Blue Eyed Soul" singers I have ever heard!!  She has that magical "It" factor...a sound, style and look that makes your Spirit smile!!!  I wish her the very best in the future!!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Indeed Jim. Of course, the music of yesteryear goes higher on its pedestal as the years go on. It needs big bucks and luck to get notoriety to some degree, so I guess for her, she is doing her YouTube and live appearance stuff which works right now. One day she will do something bespoke hopefully and on another level to Duffy for example. 

In the meantime I press on similarly with my song writing, trying compete with the golden soul era. Not easy,but slowly but surely. The difference most of my releases are new except 'Soul Girl' and 'I've got you on my mind' (The Delgonives).

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest MBarrett

This lady brings a smile to my face every time I hear her sing.

Talented. Tick

Beautiful. Tick

Beautiful heart. Tick

A breath of fresh air IMHO.

I hope she sells out this venue and the happiness just keeps on spreading.

Social source share

Guest MBarrett
58 minutes ago, professorturnups said:

Sorry, but imho thus has nothing to do with northern soul. Just another average singer doing cover versions

You're obviously not seeing what I am. We'll have to agree to differ.

I so want to get to that gig. My prediction it will be a sell-out and the joint will be absolutely rocking! :)

Social source share

On 04/09/2016 at 20:29, Keep The Faith said:

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Sarah Collins became a YouTube sensation with covers of Northern Soul classics. Now she’s taken to the road with a live band.

View full article

Great story, and one I did not know fully, just the bit about being seriously ill and using music to recuperate etc. 

I've no beef with folks singing the songs we love either like me whilst dancing :) or professionally on stage.

Not keen on recording though with the hope of getting in the charts, unless for charity of course, but if it's got to be done, make it different, and not just a copy. Be original!

Maybe team up with dad Phil and do August and Deneen's we go together!

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 5 months later...
On 29/03/2018 at 16:01, chalky said:

Someone needs to clean their ears out, one of the best blue eyed soul singer ever 😆

Yeah; You!! If you really think she is one of the best "blue eyed" soul singers ever. Firstly skin colour has nothing to do with how "soulful" a singer is, secondly, lets  be real here, not putting her down but she is a very average covers/karaoke type singer. Call a spade a spade.

Social source share

5 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Yeah; You!! If you really think she is one of the best "blue eyed" soul singers ever. Firstly skin colour has nothing to do with how "soulful" a singer is, secondly, lets  be real here, not putting her down but she is a very average covers/karaoke type singer. Call a spade a spade.

I think the line "someone needs to clean their ears out" and the emoticon at the end gives it away, does it not!!!!

Regards.

Drew.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

you need to re read what I write and the emoticon I used.  You are only reprating what I was inferring 🙄

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!