Crate diggin

Jazz

Hiya,  we all love records but when not in the mood 'blasé'  a few years ago I was told about a big steel container full of records from a radio station in leics and I couldn't be arsed. Some knew but not many at first but the thought of digging through all that 8ts pop and then thinking  someone's checked the 6ts and seventies stuff before me just turned me off and so I told others to take a look, never heard a snippet or rumour of a find,  but who knows ? Hinckley  market few years ago 'celeste hardy - your gone'  mint  7quid or was it three quid  and a boxfull of MGM  issues 2 pound each inc johny Nash etc. keep diggin eh  jazz get back in there,  or tell the guys where to go,  cheers

Social source share

Hiya, just to add on this and I'm sure this happens in loads of places, I know people from work, pubs, football etc etc who have boxes of stuff stashed away and yes when you get a look it's jimmy james , disco demands, motown etc but I know within a mile of my house there are at least half a dozen huge collections that no one can get near because A. Not interested or B  someone has said they're worth a mint and I ain't letting no one rip me off.  I know one bloke who's  saved all his soul packs from early to mid  seventies as well as buying and no pete you can't have a look they're all packed away in the attic and my mrs would go mad if I let you loose in there, just not interested even when I say you might get big money for some.  Epilogue- oh yes pete, he did say youl liked records before he passed away but these were old with no middles in, not like tamla Motown stuff you like,  so we took them down the tip. Happy digging, cheers

• Helpful 2
Social source share

There's only a very small bit of soul most is unplayed I've had probley 50 plus records up to yet nothing to valuable but all nice and clean like the ones in pic to name a few Bobby Womack home is were / David Ruffin rode by your place / Mamie galore it ain't neccessary / April Stevens / baby Washington few bits of Motown some stax few volt etc etc but cheap so I go now and then to rummage 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!