N F Porter - Keep on Keeping On

GRANNY

55 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Orig vinyl press dead wax reads Lizard 1010 A    1 within a circle all etched  MR within a circle stamped  triangle 85954 etched 

P1000816.JPG

Yep mine has same dead wax marks but mine is as scan on my previous post on vinyl with large rext and number on LHS of label. Was always lead to believe that the large text ones were the first issue.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now, Patto said:

Yep mine has same dead wax marks but mine is as scan on my previous post on vinyl with large rext and number on LHS of label. Was always lead to believe that the large text ones were the first issue.

So that means is that both presses are 1st releases & just a difference of label no's on 2  sides of label  Patto 

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Well i'm not sure if that's the case there are loads of variations on labels & still classed as an original not 2nd press !

Without a copy of in each and and a loop to check the deadwax I'd say impossible to answer with any certainty , anyone out there care to photograph their copies ( properly at full res and square on ... RAW file preferred ) so the scratches/stamps can be compared ... ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

To be brutally honest ... at the end of the day it's not exactly what you'd call exciting , rare , expensive or hard to find ... in any format ... so not sure it warrants much more sleuthing ... :hatsoff2:

That's true of course, it does get people dancing though.....................

Social source share

10 hours ago, Kev John said:

And a great FUNK flip side !!!

unfortunately to me damaged by that poor fade in it has

and if looking at all aspects of the background, then there is that searling/anderson/joy division cover story from 78....

Edited by mike
Social source share

20 hours ago, mike said:

unfortunately to me damaged by that poor fade in it has

and if looking at all aspects of the background, then there is that searling/anderson/joy division cover story from 78....

4 hours ago, cover-up said:

Care to elaborate?!

as with most things not sure of all the details or the validity of what your read elsewhere

google does bring up the story, which expands as the yeas pass

the wikipedia take

Joy Division spent the first week of May 1978 recording at Manchester's Arrow Studios. The band were unhappy with the Grapevine Records head John Anderson's insistence on adding synthesiser into the mix to soften the sound, and asked to be dropped from the contract that they had recently signed with RCA

from this site a recent thread, which has some interesting  words regarding unreleased Joy Division stuff and John Anderson

there are other bits of the story around - a £500 payment for studio time and so on

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!