Barbara Mason "Yes I'm Ready" Tom Moulton Mix

Only Dreaming

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave,

Not sure what you want to know but both mixes from a 2005 CD 'Philly Steps'. The short version a Paul Simpson mix I think, Tom Moulton the longer one.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Philly-Steps/release/8314308

or download on Apple, etc

I love the Barbara Mason mixes, really taken a great song and done something new and different with it IMO

Cheers, Chris.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Hi Dave,

Not sure what you want to know but both mixes from a 2005 CD 'Philly Steps'. The short version a Paul Simpson mix I think, Tom Moulton the longer one.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Philly-Steps/release/8314308

or download on Apple, etc

I love the Barbara Mason mixes, really taken a great song and done something new and different with it IMO

Cheers, Chris.

Thanks for your reply Chris. Unless I'm missing something the 6.17 Tom Moulton mix is not on the Philly Steps CD. The three versions on that CD are:

The Handajnce mix (Paul Simpson) 6.38

The Tom Moulton mix Pt2 (9.59)

Lynsam reggae mix 3.15

However, I am just going by the track listing on amazon. 

I'm not really interested in a download unless it's incompressed wav or flac.

Thanks again,

Dave

Social source share

Hi Dave,

That is a funny one - I was all set to say someone must have mistakenly posted up the 6 minute mix as Tom Moulton when it's actually just the Paul Simpson one, and in fact the first half as far as I can see is identical.

However having listened to both all the way through the second half has a different organ break, and the youtube clip finishes with no vocals, where the CD Paul Simpson mix has vocals right to the end.

I'm intrigued now as well, particularly as the mix on youtube is a good one

Cheers, Chris.

Social source share

Those were my thoughts as well Chris. However, the Paul Simpson (handance) mix also has some extra organ in the first half that is absent from the Tom Moulton Mix. I don't think the 'handance' mix is as clean sounding as the T Moulton one, which is my favorite. Maybe T Moulton it's an Mp3 only release, Or maybe some one took the 10 minute T. Moulton mix and cut out the last 3 minutes of instrumental 'filler' using Audacity.

Dave

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Sorry for reactivating and old thread, I was wondering if anyone else solved this question. I love the 6.18 version but can't find it available anywhere. I suppose I could always download it but I wanted a physical legal copy of it. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!