News: The Philly Sound : It’s Roots and History - Pre-order Now Available

Dave Moore

IT blows me away, in fact  leaves me choked that there are still UK guys out there who after I guess 40 odd years still have a passion that IMO the yanks cant and will never understand, will deffo be purchasing one.

Footnote..I spoke via FB with Mr McDougal weeks before his passing, we discussed via PM how the COOPERETTES-SHING A LING had a profound effect on me when I first heard it at THE TORCH, his personal reply will stay private, however it its up there with the best 10 nins ever

Thanks guys..PD

Social source share

1 hour ago, PaulDonnelly said:

IT blows me away, in fact  leaves me choked that there are still UK guys out there who after I guess 40 odd years still have a passion that IMO the yanks cant and will never understand, will deffo be purchasing one.

Footnote..I spoke via FB with Mr McDougal weeks before his passing, we discussed via PM how the COOPERETTES-SHING A LING had a profound effect on me when I first heard it at THE TORCH, his personal reply will stay private, however it its up there with the best 10 nins ever

Thanks guys..PD

Hi Paul,

Actually it was a joint effort between myself (TEXT : Brit) and Jason (Graphic Layout : American).  Jason is a committed soul fan for sure! A kindred spirit!

Hope you enjoy our work. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE IN UK WHO PRE-ORDERED THE BOOK. The first batch have SOLD OUT! I was a bit overwhelmed with all the orders so the despatch of everyone's book is now scheduled for Friday morning. The Courier is booked and all your books are packaged, labeled and ready to go! I have ordered another batch that should be here shortly...... so you can still order one if you haven't got one en route! - Dave 

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Hi Soul-Sourcers,

A second batch of books is now en route to UK and I am now taking orders for that batch of which almost half are already sold. If anyone wants one before the Christmas rush, I'd get your order in now.  Batch 2 ordered books will be despatched on or around 5th October. Many thanks again for everyone's support, it's been fantastic! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

got my copy already... what shall I say... it's AWESOME!!!! in every way! I usually start reading this kind of books here and there, where ever it suits me and what I think it's interesting right now, but with this book.. i just don't know where to start, so it seems it will be the first one I start reading from the beginning, even if it will take me months if not years. Simply the best book about Philly Soul, but that would be easy, also in my opinion the best book about Soul Music so far in general with all the graphics and pictures, all the info about records, labels, the people involved to the records, back ground stories and their sources.. to keep it short.. AWESOME and worth each penny!!! The six years the guys needed to put it on the market, you'll see the difference compared to other books in this genre.
I wish I would have had this book already in my hands three years ago when I used to live in Phila, but for now I'm a really lucky guy to hold it in my hands anyway!!
Hats off! Dave Moore and Jason Thornton ... very well done.. biggest respect!!!

Social source share

9 hours ago, kevinsoulman said:

Hi Kevin,

no idea why you can't reach me on that email address Mate.  Yep, if you send the payment (Family and Friends please) by Paypal to hitsville2648@live.com (£45 +£6 Shipping) I'll add you to the database for the next batch which should be shipped on 5 Oct.  

I only have 7 copies left now of this third batch pre orders so if anyone else wants one I'd get your order in now.

Best,

Dave

Social source share

I ONLY HAVE 2 PRE ORDER COPIES LEFT AND THE FINAL BATCH (3) WILL BE SOLD OUT!

PLEASE DON'T SEND A PAYMENT UNLESS YOU CONTACT ME FIRST. I DON'T WANT DISAPPOINT ANYONE AND HAVE TO REFUND THEM.

I'M SPEAKING TO MY PUBLISHER ABOUT A FURTHER SHIPMENT TO UK......  

Massive thanks to everyone whose bought a book so far... brilliant responses! :thumbup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

It's not much that get me to pop in here nowadays, life is too busy atm.  However I knew there'd be a thread about this and just had to add my voice to the clarion calls for anyone and everyone who has an interest in rare soul to do themselves a big favour and buy this book.  Dave and Jason have created an instant classic.  A reference book as well as an interesting read from my brief dip in last night.  I think this work goes beyond the narrow interests of us rare soul anoraks and will apeal to music aficionados everywhere.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, ged parker said:

It's not much that get me to pop in here nowadays, life is too busy atm.  However I knew there'd be a thread about this and just had to add my voice to the clarion calls for anyone and everyone who has an interest in rare soul to do themselves a big favour and buy this book.  Dave and Jason have created an instant classic.  A reference book as well as an interesting read from my brief dip in last night.  I think this work goes beyond the narrow interests of us rare soul anoraks and will apeal to music aficionados everywhere.

Glad you like it Ged! ENJOY! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

12 hours ago, Dave Moore said:

Hi Kevin,

no idea why you can't reach me on that email address Mate.  Yep, if you send the payment (Family and Friends please) by Paypal to hitsville2648@live.com (£45 +£6 Shipping) I'll add you to the database for the next batch which should be shipped on 5 Oct.  

I only have 7 copies left now of this third batch pre orders so if anyone else wants one I'd get your order in now.

Best,

Dave

thanks will do it shortly 

kev

Social source share

ALL the stock of pre-ordered books have now Completely SOLD OUT! If you have a pre ordered book on order from me from the last batch you will be shipped the book on or around the 5/6 October as arranged. 

I have managed to negotiate a shipment from the Publisher that will be delivered to UK on 8 October.  These books will be sold on a first come first served basis so if you would like to order one just drop me a PM on here or email me at hitsville2648@earthlink.com to reserve a copy. 

The retail price on AMAZON is scheduled for £58 + Shipping with a current delivery time of 1-2 Months!

I will be able to retail the book at £50 + £6 shipping.

Payment is via bank transfer (details from me) and the shipping date for this batch is on or around the 9/10 October.  I'd strongly recommend using this opportunity if you're looking fir a Christmas Present as this may be the last time I can do this as the publisher has limited supply at this rate and I don't want to sell it any higher myself. 

BIG thanks to eveyone whose bought it already! 

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

On 20/09/2016 at 07:18, Dave Moore said:

Hi Kevin,

BesJ

just sent it thru thanks kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!