which was your fave unreleased?

Alfie79

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of info on Rat Race, Dave Thorley first played at Stafford its alt words to G Washington. Like My Baby. Went to Gino's house in 85 and managed to obtain a copy from him. They are hand written vinyl 45s He told me only 5 were made ( that must of cost a small fortune) So DT had one, now I had one, Geno kept one, a band member had one, that leaves one astray, happy hunting

• Helpful 2
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Just a bit of info on Rat Race, Dave Thorley first played at Stafford its alt words to G Washington. Like My Baby. Went to Gino's house in 85 and managed to obtain a copy from him. They are hand written vinyl 45s He told me only 5 were made ( that must of cost a small fortune) So DT had one, now I had one, Geno kept one, a band member had one, that leaves one astray, happy hunting

I got one in the 9ts on a record trip.  Great record and good memories of that particular allniter.  Nice choice Gilly.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, neckender said:

I got one in the 9ts on a record trip.  Great record and good memories of that particular allniter.  Nice choice Gilly.

Well that accounts for all of them by the look of it mate.......but you never know ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What a great thread this is, there are many of my faves in here and loads I need to get round to listening to if I can find them. If I ignore the Motown, RCA and the Dave Hamilton stuff I have the following on my current playlist - though I'm not sure whether they qualify cos I first heard them when they had been released but most of them were on CD only.

Honey And The Bees - Make You Mine

Charmels - I've Done It Again

Tippie & The Wisemen - Wait Till I Get There

Kenny Gamble - What Am I Gonna Say To My Baby

Brief Encounter - Where Will I Go 

I'd love to get this first five on a 45 in fact if I knew how to do it I'd pay to have it done.

Hesitations - Gotta Find A Way

Candi Staton - One More Hurt 

Turn Arounds - Stay Away

Bill Spoon - I Can't Wait Until The Weekend

Phil Terrell - Can I Come In

Edited by gointoagogo
add
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Has anybody mentioned the Mayfield Singers? a particular fave of mine.... as is Arthur Prizecock another from Mr Thorley

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!