The Furys - I'm satisfied with you - Keymen

2 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

So re-Issues, not boots Chris L?

I was always told the copies without the diamond shape to the left of Keymen, were boot's. 

If they were re-issues, surely they would have a later release number?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Those with the blue-green colouring and no diamond should be bootlegs.  I never saw those in the '60s.  I never saw them in USA.  I used to go to distributors in Chicago, L.A. and San Francisco.  I also traveled, looking for records all across USA and Canada.  Surely I'd have seen those if they were legitimate during the '60s..

Social source share

Yes - the ones lacking the diamond design are bootlegs.  I've only ever seen one in 35 years, and that's the one I owned in the late 80s.  So as far as boots go, it's quite a toughie to find.  Sound quality on these boots is excellent.

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Gene-R said:

Yes - the ones lacking the diamond design are bootlegs.  I've only ever seen one in 35 years, and that's the one I owned in the late 80s.  So as far as boots go, it's quite a toughie to find.  Sound quality on these boots is excellent.

About half a dozen turned up about 6 or 7 years ago They got sold within a matter of hours.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...
On 15/09/2016 at 16:01, Chris L said:

About half a dozen turned up about 6 or 7 years ago They got sold within a matter of hours.

Regarding this boot whats a fair price to ask ? Ex cond

its no good to me so might as well get rid.  I'm not after squeezing every penny just after a quick sale.

Social source share

Top scan same as my 1st £5 purchase - Up the Junction - Crewe @ Feb 72 - oh what a slippery slope was in front of me, remember being miffed Jay Boy released it and consigned it to the 'I don't play that anymore' box - think I replaced it as an opening number to my spots with Professionals - That's why I love you - Groove City - acquired as a 1 off from Selecta Disc - Arkwright St. cellar - Nottingham - same time as my old mate Derek Allen snaffled a Nabay - little did we know!!

Happy days !!

Steve

Social source share

in the late 80s i was sold a boot as a real one for £15 by a top reputable dealer... didnt know it had been booted then..then a year later was looking thru a box of cheap stuff at a soul night and seen another one for £3 so i bought that too thinking i could make a few quid on it.....it was only when i looked at them side by side that i realised the one i got for £3 had a `H` stamp in the deadwax and the diamond... so i got rid of the £15 for £3 or 4 quid..got lucky i guess and learnt something too..never assume the top dealers know it all

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 15 September 2016 at 17:47, Kegsy said:

Would have thought so  which means it may have been done prior to the torch maybe up the junction days. Could have even been played at the wheel. 

Not played at the Wheel - first copy I purchased off Swish at Normanton Baths - Paid him £3.00 ! , He came back to me Two Hours later and offered me £8.00 to buy it back .

On 15 September 2016 at 17:47, Kegsy said:

Would have thought so  which means it may have been done prior to the torch maybe up the junction days. Could have even been played at the wheel. 

Definitely after the Wheel closed it's doors .

Edited by earlvandykes6
Apostrphey missing
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!