PaddyFerry

Ortofon problem

I bought a pair of Ortofon Pro cartridges two months ago and everything was fine,I've not used my decks for a few weeks and then yesterday when I went to use them I was having problems, distorted sound , loud humming, I changed everything and finally when all else failed put my original cartridges back on and it all works, do they make cheap fakes of these and or is this a common fault? Thanks.

Only thing I can think of now is the headshell connections, sometimes need cleaning and make sure tightened fully up with the collar, bit of a coincidence for them both to be effected though, double check any earthing connections.  

I had the same problem on Saturday with a cartridge I bought this year for a 5 day event and worked fine, I had not used it since until an event last weekend, I believe I bought these from someone on a soulsite on facebook as a genuine Ortofon product but now I have my doubts and will go back to Thomann who are are very good company for all musical requirements.

3 hours ago, Tony A said:

Only thing I can think of now is the headshell connections, sometimes need cleaning and make sure tightened fully up with the collar, bit of a coincidence for them both to be effected though, double check any earthing connections.  

I took them off and brushed both the needles and the connectors ,one now works fine but the other I only get clear loud sound from one speaker,yet fine with the original cartridge.Just put it back on cleaned and really tightened up and it seems ok, thanks for the tips.

Edited by Paddywack

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.