Big is best,is it?

Guest manusf3a

Guest manusf3a

Like many many others I went with my pals to the Wigan nighter,it was held in a roller rink and although there were many folk in attendence,somewhere like bury etc would be jam packed with such numbers in attendence the place to me was just too big a venue.I have never been keen on very large  arenas.I much prefer a smaller type venue without going into naming places,I think atmosphere gets lost in wide open spaces.I did enjoy myself Saturday as I think most folk did but if the building was half the size to my mind it would have been even better! 

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest manusf3a

Dark  dingy,low roof condensation dripping ,thats my preference though some of the more larger but not aircraft hanger type places have atmosphere when well attended.

Social source share

Also attended the said event and share similar sentiments, on the whole I enjoyed the evening, but there were times when it was difficult to recognise what was getting played if you were at the far end of the room and the floor could look very empty when not so popular records were played. But other than that it was nice to have an nighter back in Wigan.

Social source share

2 hours ago, manusf3a said:

Dark  dingy,low roof condensation dripping ,thats my preference though some of the more larger but not aircraft hanger type places have atmosphere when well attended.

DARK - Absolutely essential / low ceiling much better for atmos. I'm keen on the ol' Glitter Ball (slow with a blue light) that 'movement' also helps with the atmos / ambiance of a place.

Ref the aircraft hangers, I looked in to putting on an event at Sywell Aerodrome (Northants) which has a huge hanger all done up nice, but the size of the dance floor in the middle was ridiculous (fine for a wedding I suppose) Shame as the venue really is superb. 

I turned out all the lights in The Studio Room at The Wellingborough All-dayer, you couldn't see ya hand in front of your face - I thought it was great, yet a few people came up and said it was too dark (Maybe our eyes ain't what they used to be) :wink:

Oh, and candles of course Manus! :D

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - Cigarette smoke dulled the light (Had its' downside though) 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!