Records you love but never owned (not mega rarities)

El Corol

Got to thinking about records I love but never bothered buying on original even though I've had the chance. I'm not talking financial gain as motivation or mega rare,  just records I love but never got round to buying:

Lorraine Chandler - I Can't Change 

Seven Souls - I Still Love You

Howard Guyton - I Watched You........

L Allen - Can't We Talk It Over

Ambers - I LoveYou Baby

and on and on......

You?

Social source share

Ha-ha.....this must of happened to everyone......"big frank & the essences" springs to mind...£125 m-...just missed out on set sale...."will soon drop on one of these" I thought.....hmmmm, maybe not....another was "masqueraders" "how"....wanted to shell £500 on a minter but the wife said "no chance" about to go on hols....these weren't so long ago....probably 5 years?....its bloomin gone mad!...oh well, don't moan....prices to buy are high but your getting mega money when you sell.....good thread...thank you...Rob

p.s these just spring to mind but there are plenty!

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

On 9/26/2016 at 00:12, El Corol said:

Got to thinking about records I love but never bothered buying on original even though I've had the chance. I'm not talking financial gain as motivation or mega rare,  just records I love but never got round to buying:

Ambers - I LoveYou Baby

and on and on......

You?

Had four of those, sold them now, never had a Jimmy Mack - My world is on fire. I just never found one at a decent price, they always too much for those being sold. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Couple of modern ones spring to mind for me, Vivian Reed 'Save your love for me' (Atco) and Almeta Latimore 'These memories', love them both to bits and seen quite a few times but never got round to buying.

Part of the reason for this I think is that sometimes after loving and wanting a record so much, it's then something of an anti-climax when you do buy it - almost like the journey is better than the arriving. Wade Flemons 'That other place' (Vee Jay) for example, played it so many times on tapes, etc, that when I finally bought the 45 I'd had enough of it - almost like the magic went as soon as I owned a copy

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On 25/09/2016 at 23:12, El Corol said:

Ambers - I LoveYou Baby

and on and on......

You?

Luckily I have owned all of the above apart from the Ambers. For me it has to be Al Williams. I who am nothing. Either label it wouldn't matter. Was offered a Labeat demo a few year's back for a grand less than the going rate but it was in poor condition label wise, played fine. Might still treat myself yet. 

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!