Skeggy / Grosvenor Weekender

Woza1

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks guys 

promoters are very rarely in it for the money lets be honest , well not at this event  anyway i suspect   .I  have always wanted to go to this and i did and i enjoyed it big style .

I arrived Fri evening on the way home for a couple of days looking for some soulful relief and found it .The  ballroom was exactly what you would expect top 250 +a few underplayed bits and bobs  an  up for it crowd all in a party mood !!  The Vault however was where the action was to be found for me  with some fantastic records bieng played      Sam played some wonderful records with Willie Dales let your light shine getting an airing but what has prompted me to post was the set i heard by  mark sargent and jo march  on Fri night    cant tell you what i heard because i dont know !!  Gibby had insisted it would go off in this room to me at Scarboro and he was  right .          This  was outstanding rare soul .some funky edged some deep but this was the reason i had driven 200 miles to be there ,very doubtful i realise ,but a playlist of the set would be   golden please .?     The young guys on the sat afternoon were great too trying to keep things fresh and enjoyed the challenge it appeared .

I hope it cleaned its face guys and thanks very much to everyone involved .It is appreciated 

Warmest Regards 

Martin L 

- Mark Sargeant and Guest Jo March

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!