Source Poll: Allnighters October 2016

Mike

Allnighters October 2016?  

1. 1. Will you be going to an soul allnighter this month?

• yep
    • nope

This poll is closed to new votes

ok last months weekenders poll saw a lot of interest - admittedly not a great amount of votes but was a lot of views so this month will repeat but turn the spotlight onto Soul Alnighters

Source Poll:  Allnighters October 2016

Basically a simple  poll just asking if you are planning to get to an allnighter this month

of course beside voting feel free to also talk about any planned or gone to events

though do ask all the allnighter promoters to stay on the sidelines for this topic/poll and just leave things to the members please!

cheers now 

mike

Here's the monthly view of all Octobers nighters!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/calendar/8-allnighters/2016/10/

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Len,will be going to a NS weekender in Portugal on the 14th,with ex Wigan Mr M,s originators Bri Rigby  and Alan Cain. Will you be sending a bus from Stubshaw? Will vote and report to our very own Mr M, huh.LOL Johnny

Social source share

If you are in to Northern/Rare Soul why wouldnt you go to All Nighters, no disrespect intended, cos there are a handful of cracking Soul Nights & All Dayers out there with superb music policies, but thats where you go on the way to the All Nighter isnt it....or to mong out on a Sunday at a Dayer afterwards ???.....Northern/Rare Soul = All Night, anything else just doesnt quite cut it for me really....us southern softies generally have to travel for anything half decent, not much point travelling 2, 3 or 4 hours to get to an event that finishes at midnight or 2am....the night is just begginning to get going by then.....

Edited by Russ Vickers
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

For me I would love to do more but I cant sleep beforehand and i cant sleep afterwards so takes me a few days to get over it and whilst i still have a business to run it is difficult, so about 4 to 6 a year is the most i can manage (age comes into it i'm afraid ......)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, bbrich said:

For me I would love to do more but I cant sleep beforehand and i cant sleep afterwards so takes me a few days to get over it and whilst i still have a business to run it is difficult, so about 4 to 6 a year is the most i can manage (age comes into it i'm afraid ......)

Priorities mate. Same here, the long recession enabled me to do more All-nighters than I am currently doing (now my business has finally got busy) All-nighters are the ultimate 'escape', so I could forget my 'worries and woes' of business for the weekend, but I'm glad that energy is now being used here at work. Not having much to do for too long is bad for the soul, and it's healthy to also concentrate on other things - I don't want to be a 'Northern Soul Victim' (again) :wink:

Actually, not going out as often makes when you do that more enjoyable :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 minutes ago, LEN said:

One can also eat too much Chocolate :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - I'm sounding more like a girl every day 

actually most of the girls i know especially the missus definately wouldn't agree that you can eat too much chocolate !!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm being greedy coz I'll be doing the Hamburg Weekender as well this weekend, so that means 2 allnighters! Like Russ, it's Niters (some weekenders) or nothing for me. There are also some great evening only events out there but travelling from Norwich it's a long way home at 2am when you're stuck halfway up the M6! (Also some events just down the road from me where fancy dress is encouraged which I happily ignore)    

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, professorturnups said:

I'm being greedy coz I'll be doing the Hamburg Weekender as well this weekend, so that means 2 allnighters! Like Russ, it's Niters (some weekenders) or nothing for me. There are also some great evening only events out there but travelling from Norwich it's a long way home at 2am when you're stuck halfway up the M6! (Also some events just down the road from me where fancy dress is encouraged which I happily ignore)    

Mark ,Glad to see you are busy in your retirement !

might make the crossfire nighter too. regards Frank

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I clicked no but that is not true, was at Different Strokes last Saturday and it has killed me ( chest infection ) although it was bloody excellent and a little worth it  ..... as the winter months approach I tend to stay close to home and we have no allnighters up here in Scotland .... Cannonball in Italy next month though weekender, fur coat will be worn !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

thanks to all who have took part in the poll so far

interesting results - no gos in the majority though guess we need to bear in mind that the limitation of 'just this month ' may be a factor

thanks also to those who commented - been  some interesting views 

lot of nighters coming up for the rest of the weekend - the front page has  a busy highlight box

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/

while the allnighter guide has some recent reviews and event talks

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/calendar/8-allnighters/

Given the above the current allnighter scene certainly looks healthy on paper - but is that a fair call for it out there in the real world ?

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Well  i'm doing 2 this month 

1st was Burnley,@ Kestrel Suite last Saturday fantastic night well worth the visit went with Errol Green 

2nd will be this Saturday @ The Sutherland Suite ,Longton,Stoke - On - Trent again with Errol 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Kev

Hopefully see you Saturday but I'll be avoiding Errol :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Kev

Hopefully see you Saturday but I'll be avoiding Errol :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Be good to see you again m8 

Best avoid Errol if his rear end gases are like they where Saturday in the car :wicked: deffo evil i'd put them on a par with Mace's specials :lol:

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

thanks to all those who took part so far

now hitting the last week of this months poll

seems like no matter what happens  its gonna end up with a third out and about while two thirds staying in for this month of october

3 allnighters this weekend -  last chance for some upcoming, just gone or indeed general allnighter talk....

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!