Paul Capon's New List - Second Part

Paul Capon

Here is the other part of my list

SOUL SALES - LIST 'B' (letter 'P' onwards)

Susan Phillips Key in the mailbox fantastic crossover - top tune!!! All Platinum 30

The Players LP 'He'll be back' Outstanding LP inc GREAT late 60's group dancers: 'Why did I love you' & 'Why did I lie'. A little surface crackles in places . Last track side two 'Get hep to love ' skips - hence price Minit 30 vg

Porgy & the Monarchs cd2 / cd2 My heart cries for you / Think twice (actually HEY GIRL) Light brown label release with the mis-titled ace & previously unreleased 'HEY GIRL' on the B side Musicor 1221 75

CD1 SALES CD = 27 FULL TRACKS - £4 - hard case - colour insert

Pratt & McClain Whachersign Great funky soul with a Leroy Hudson feel. Recommended!!!! Also RARE issue released in Phillipines Also rare solid centred NZ release! Reprise 50 Reprise (Phil.) 45 vg+ Reprise (NZ) 50

Karen Pree Make love last forever / inst Mega crossover - recommended. Light backgroud tickles - nothing serious - strong player Casablanca dj 45 vg+

The Pretenders cd2 / cd2 I call it love / It's everything about you MONSTER DOUBLE SIDED DANCER Rare & in-demand 70's version of 'I call it love'. The B side is just as good, if not better!!!!! Two outstanding 70's dancers (a slow version of 'call it love' came out in 60's as Carnival 550 - this is the FAR FAR better Carnival 560) Carnival 80

Sidney Joe Qualls LP 'So sexy' Inc 'I don't do this' - one of the best 70's dancers you'll EVER hear - period. Never released on an original 45. 20th Century 50 20th C Canadian 60

Bobby Reed The time is right for love / If I don't love you WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS ONES IN MY ALL TIME TOP 3 - One of the best double headers EVER. I have a dj or issue copy (I'm keeping one of them). Both play M-. (nb dj copy has a TINY mark on outer rim - does'nt reach the grooves) Bell ISSUE 400 ex or DJ 350 ex

Henri Rich You've got fine lovin / Let's help I bought 'Fine lovin' from Blacknight years ago. Superb soul ballad/stepper. B side is a reasonable dancer with a beach feel. Guess 30

Rideout Someone special Top notch dancer - I'm told this is getting some plays Hotlicks 125

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles LP 'Four in blue' Classic Motown LP inc the fantastic un-Motown like stormer 'Don't say you love me' RECOMMENDED Tamla 297 15 m- 10 vg+

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles LP 'A pocket full of miracles' Classic Motown LP inc 'Get ready' etc. light marks only Tamla 306 12 vg+

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles LP 'Make it happen' Classic Motown LP inc the overlooked 'More love' plus 'Tears of a clown', 'Good good feeling' etc etc Tamla 276 12

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles LP 'Special Occasion' Classic Motown LP - full of gems such as 'If you can want' , 'everybody needs love' Tamla 290 15

Willie Roundtree Another world BLOODY HELL - what a tune. Ultra soulful. SEVERELY RECOMMENDED deep soul Chelsea 50

S.O.U.L The Joneses 70's group funky groove Musicor 5

Johnny Scott It's over GREAT modern steppy dancer. RECOMMENDED Portra 12

Andre Scott & Shotgun Cry in the arms of another A great Sidney Barnes penned 70's dancer with 60's flavour - a REAL crossover record. Sundance 25

Senior Soul It's your thing / Some got it, some don't Hammond organ funk version if the Isley's classic. B side is a vibe driven groove aswell Whiz 8

Sesil & Lujon Love has no color (I keep comeing back for more) 80's modern soul Soap Opera 5

Ann Sexton You've been gone too long GREAT dancer - original yellow label 77 Records 50 vg+

Kenny Seymour I've got the rest of my life 70's midtempo Shout 10

Billy Sha-rae Crying clown big production beat ballad-ace version of Eddie Parker. Great soul music and then some. GREAT £6 record - recommended Spectrum 6

Dee Dee Sharp The bottle or me 60's classic Gamble 20

Cecil Shaw cd2 This I've got to see Yet another TK production. Superb midtempo 70s Bilmar 35

Email me if you want to be notified about any/all of the Auction bits

Marlena Shaw Looking through the eyes of love Tremendous tune that builds and builds. RARE picture sleeve (photo of Marlena) from this CADET label Cadet (pic) 20

Rick Sheppard Just you and me / I fall deeper in love Obscure little 80's modern soul release. dancer backed with a stepper Sonia 20

Little Sherman & Mod Swingers cd2 The price of love crossover mid-tempo. This has everything in the right places WELL RECOMMENDED ABC 15

Little Sherman & Mod Swingers cd2 The price of love crossover mid-tempo- local label before ABC Sagport 20

Sherrell Bros The price Quality 70's Currison 40

Shirley & the Shirelles cd2 Never give you up Great 70's version of the Jerry Bulter classic. Got some potential this one. Bell iss 15 Bell dj 15

Pauline Shivers cd2 Won't you come back home / you're a devil Great midtempo girl femme dancer in the Betty Everette / Geraldine Hunt mode. Even the B side is a reasonable northern track. A great £10 record O-Pex 10

El Shobey & Co. cd2 Never missed what you got Edgy 70's groove mid-tempo. QUALITY Shout 20

Silent Majority Frightened girl I've always loved this. Great midtempo with great harmonies. Nice dancer on the flip. Vg copy light surface noise Hot Wax orange/red dj 12 or black/white dj 5 vg

Silk Falling in love isn't easy Great girl group sound. Nice yellow dj. recommended. Looks VG+ with a few scuffs BUT PLAYS EX Decca dj 45 vg+

Silk Falling in love isn't easy Great girl group sound. Lovely local release label Nation Time 55

Joe Simon cd2 When Underated 60's track. Check out the sample on the CD. A great £5ers worth Sound Stage7 5

Sisters Love The bigger you love midtempo with great vocal. A&M 8

Sly, slick & wicked Ready for you / Sho'nuff The very rare issue with both sides - great 2 sider. Great dancer with rare groove B side. vg+ plays EX People ISSUE 80 vg+

Sly, Slick & Wicked Surely, is you is or is you ain't my baby Superb group dancer from John Wilson (AKA Sly) and Co. Paramount dj 60

Elloit Small Girls are made for loving Midtempo from early 70's Bang iss 10 Bang dj 15 Bang dj 8 vg+

George Smith I've had it Classic soulful northern RARE YELLOW ISSUE Turntable 150

O.C. Smith Just couldn't help myself / Together Underrated. Good mid-tepmo stepper Caribou 10

Phyllis Smith The feeling is gone Early 70's NY mid-tempo ballad Yew 8

Roy Smith For the love of her Obscure 70's dancer. Big production with all the strings etc that build Green Menu 10

Timmy Smith I'm willing to love you Over-looked 70's mid-tempo Starville 8

Verdelle Smith If you can't say anything nice Great version - fantastic big production beat ballad Capitol 8

Verdelle Smith A piece of the sky Three big production beat ballads from this overlooked artist. Capitol 5

Verdelle Smith Walk tall Northern. Version of Christy Allen on Diamond Capitol 5

Willie Smith I got a new thing great funk piece. lovely white DJ aswell Genuine dj 6

Smoke Oh Love (well we finally made it) Lovely take on this - a great groover!!! RECOMMENDED Mo Soul 12 or 10 ex

Smoke City I really want you /In a world of fantasy two obscure indies from 1984. A side boogie B side stepper BBC America 5

Solaris cd2 You & me Another little gem of a 70's dancer. A great cheap record!!!!! Dana 6

Solid Gold Revue (feat. Ray Crumley) cd2 Come let me love you / She's so good Brill steppy mid-tempo with superb vocals by Ray Crumley. Backed with a great modern dancer. Castanet 75

Sam E. Solo Tears keep falling Northern Imperial 15 vg+

Sonny & Phyllis I've got something on my mind Quality 60's dancer Soft 25

Sons of Robin Stone Got to get you back / Love is just around the corner 70's group dancers Atlantic UK 15

Sophisticated Ladies Check it out 70's with a rare groove feel. Great vocal. Penned by Womack Mayhew 10

Soul Children cd2 Midnight sunshine Midtempo from 1975. FABULOUS soulful vocals. I'd like to know who this is singing??? Epic USA 10 Epic UK dj 12

The Soul Notes cd2 How long will it last ACE! Group sound with a northern feel - another favorite of mine. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Nice dj copy Way Out dj 30

Soul Purpose cd2 Ticket for tomorrow northern dancer 'newie'. Nice wdj Smash dj 6

The Soul Set cd2 Love, love, love / Surfin' boogaloo Northern stormers on both sides Johnson 15

Soul Survivors cd2 City of brotherly love Great great TUNE!!!! - Well recommended. Not the typical TSOP sound. An early number from '74. OUTSTANDING TRACK TSOP iss 25 dj 30

George Soule cd2 Get involved great rare groove feel. Fame 15

The Sound 70's I'll be waiting / It's for real Capitol 25

Special Delivery cd2 Come back with your love Mid-paced group 70's from '76 on one of those great labels. Another great cheap record! Mainstream 8

Special Delivery cd2 This kind of love Feel good 70's dancer. Covered by Galaxy in the 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet another great TK production Shied 15

The Spellbinders cd2 A little on the blue side / Chain reaction Uplifting northern. Great production, strings, group harmonies. B-side is a spit for a Motown track produced by Van McCoy Columbia 25

Spice cd2 Sweet Norma Jones Punchy boogie track. Great vocals & production. Another great little label with loads of 'GEMS' (sorry!!!). Sound Gems 8

The Spidells cd2 Hmmm, with feeling feel good northern dancer. Nashville Matrix stamp Monza iss j 15 white d vg+ 20

The Spidells cd1 Pushed out of the picture Rare on US but doubley so on CANADIAN Coral. MINT unplayed. Has small clean drill hole Coral (Canadian) 100

Spinners You go your way (i'll got mine Really nice stepper Atlantic 4

Spinners cd2 Mighty love / pt 2 Out & out classic - great £4 record - recomm Atlantic 4

Tyrone St. German cd2 In a world so cold classic 70's modern soul dancer Morning Dove 15

Edwin Starr There you go classic rare groove sound - not your typical Motown track Soul 12

Edwin Starr cd2 I have faith in you / Stop her on sight (S.O.S.) TWO all time classic Northern dancers. Rare UK - no centre Polydor UK 5 vg+

Edwin Starr I'll never forget you Super soulful track with Edwin's fab vocals ripping through. Granite 4

Edwin Starr My weakness is you One of the many outstanding Motown dancers at a great price. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND BUY YOUSELF ANY OF THE EDWIN 45's - YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED Gordy 5

Edwin Starr cd2 Running back & forth classic TMG1028 UK Tamla Motown 15 or 10 vg+

Edwin Starr cd2 Running back & forth Classic FANTASTIC 60's dancer from the late Edwin Starr. A BLIND BUY RECOMMENDATION IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT Gordy 20

The Star-tells cd2 What more can I ask for Ace mid-tempo - a must (these are'The Chymes') . 2nd copy slight edge warp - DNAP Lamarr 20 or 10vg+

The Star-tells cd2 Falling in love with you girl A favorite of mine - quality late 60s group Lamarr 25

The Steelers cd2 Can't take this pain punchy group dancer in the Brothers of Soul vein. Nice Big red 'A' style dj Epic dj 25

Billy Stewart Secret love all time classic Chess 5

Billy Stewart Crazy about you baby Again - great - underrated Chess 6

Billy Stewart Tell me the truth / What have I done Both sides great - underrated Chess 5

Billy Stewart cd2 Love me Superb track by Billy - unknown to me until recently. If you like Mr Stewart you will LOVE this. Chess 20

Straight Jacket cd1 / cd2 The greatest part of loving FANTASTIC modern from 1980 Highly recommended - tunes like this have just completely dried up. (all copies I've ever seen have minor label damage - nothing serious) Showboat 100

Strutt LP ' Time move on' inc 'Said you didn't love him' and the FANTASTIC yet to be picked up on 'Funky sign' which is most definitely on my play list at the moment!! Brunswick 35

Kirk Taylor cd1 I'm the one that needs you FANTASTIC version of Pep Brown 'I'm the one who needs you you' on Polydor. Rawer and better version on Kirk's own label! RECOMMENDED!!!! KT Co. 90

Bobby Thurston LP 'Sweetest piece of the pie' 80's release of this fantacstic LP JUST FULL OF GREAT tracks including title track + 'Treat me the same way', 'just ask me' + his great version of Billy Stewart's 'I do love you' . This is the UK release of this ultra rare LP from 18 years back and NOT the very recent Expansions release Hi-Hut (UK) 1988 30

Gene Townsel LP 'Time wounds all heels' Inc the FABULOUS 'There's no use hiding' & 'I'm walking away', Got the price right time time !!! Dobre 80

Ujima I'm getting hip (to your ways & actions) The other great tune by Ujima on the label. Good 70's Epic dj 20

Voices of East Harlem Cashing in classic funky soul - really drying up now. Original buff and black copy. Just Sunshine 40

Cliff Wagner Exception to the rule Great northern stormer. Lovely dj copy too! Jewel dj 55

Wales Wallace We're not happy / That ain't the way TWO great side. Monster crossover. Couple of small marks on the 'Happy' side. Nothing bad at all Bashie 65 ex

Pattie Ward (Girls) You have to wait for love great crossover soul. This one used to be around but you just don't see it any more. Road 35

Dee Dee Warwick Where is that rainbow CROSSOVER ace dancer Tough on a 45 now. Mercury iss 40 dj 45

Dee Dee Warwick cd2 LP 'I want to be with you' Inc the monster northern dancer 'Worth every tear I cry' & also 'Do it with all your heart' etc. Mercury 50

Freddie Waters You promised me Superb mid-tempo from 1983. A really tough item to find on this nice indie label. Found another copy. T-Jaye 35 vg+

Anthony Watson I can't stop this feeling / Solid love affair Very nice 80's tune - recommended. B side is great too SRO 25

We The People cd2 Making my daydream real / Whatcha done for me, I'm gonna do for you All time classic 70's dancer. B side is a nice similar mid-tempo aswell. 2nd copy has a few marks and a 1 cm scratch (light pops when played) Lion 85 ex 45 vg

Lenny Welch Just what I need modern mid-pace classic Big Apple 20

Mary Wells You lost the sweetest boy Ace motown dancer Motown 10 or 8 vg+

Tony Wells Try it all over again / Get well soon Midtempo stepper. Couple of small marks - still an EX Decade 100

Anthony White LP 'Could it be magic' TOP NOTCH LP - packed with class Inc the GREAT 70's dancers ' Stop and think it over' & 'Never let you get away from me' . Other GREATS like & 'Yes you need love'. LOVELY WHITE DJ COPY. PIR wdj (timing strip on cover) 60

John Gary Williams LP 'same' Inc the wonderful ' I believe the whole damn world is going crazy' & 'Loving you (ain't easy)'. In shrink wrap Stax 30

Lenny Williams Since I met you Another new thing to me - lovely mid-tempo with great production and vocals - RECOMMENDED Motown dj 15

Mel Williams Promises, promises, promises Big production 60's with great vocals by Mel. Star 70

Lee Williams & Cymbals Save it all for you Great crossover Gem Rare white DJ Black Circle 12

Jackie Wilson LP 'Beautiful day' Inc 'Because of you' STILL SEALED (corner cut). Brunswick 40

Spanky Wilson cd2 LP' Speciality of the house' inc the nice title track. DJ copy 20th Cent / Westbound 12

Email me if you want to be notified about any/all of the Auction bits. Auction closes on Sunday Nov 12th when the phone stops ringing anytime after 7pm. This will be an open auction so ask if you want to know a price

NEW POSTAGE RATES :

First 45=£1.60 then 20P each REC DEL or registered £4.50 (upto 7 45s) over 7 = £5.70

First LP/12"=£3.00 then 70p each REC DEL or REGISTERED £5.70 (upto 3 LPs) over 3 = £7.50

Foreign: at cost - please ask (eg 1x45 airmail to Europe= £1.80 1x45 airmail to Japan= £2.70)

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!