Green Onions

Simsy

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Marquee Club Hertford. Saturday October 28th, 7pm - 1am. Northern Soul - Ska - Tamla - Hammond. Admission £4.00. Dave Crabtree - Smudge - Simsy - Stevie B - Louie.

102045391175d989b.jpg

Interesting...and just 10 mins down the road for me - I've seen it advertised in the local papers etc. in the past. I always thought it was a guy with a couple of CD players whistling.gif

I shall have to pay a visit. thumbsup.gif

...It would be rude not to.... :lol:

Indeedy :D No cd's. Mostly soul (apart from the ska dj). :lol:

Ive been to the Marquee before (few years back) bit of everything - had a laugh.

Have another one, come on down .. :D

What ever happened to that Sherri Trifle bint?

Guest Karen Heath

You uptight and outta site at the minute then?

Have a bucket and swing by .. :huh:

Bump :thumbsup:

Hertford is my home town-7th best place to live in U.K according to that property programme last night! I moved away years ago now and don't really go back much as my family have moved to the villages.

I think a good friend from my teenage years runs The Marquee...Kevin Saunders. Do you know him?

Bump :huh:

Hertford is my home town-7th best place to live in U.K according to that property programme last night! I moved away years ago now and don't really go back much as my family have moved to the villages.

I think a good friend from my teenage years runs The Marquee...Kevin Saunders. Do you know him?

you never told me you were a herts girl karen :thumbsup::lol:

Guest Karen Heath

you never told me you were a herts girl karen :thumbsup::lol:

Did I not? :huh:

I started out going to big Soul nights at the Castle Hall in Hertford where they used to have djs like Greg Edwards, Robbie Vincent etc etc!

Did you ever go?

Have a bucket and swing by .. :yes:

....which is precisely what I did - only to be told it was "full up" and "ticket only"....First time I've been told that in a few years. I 'spose I could have used my "Yeah I know I am the relief barman" routine, but I didn't think of it at the time....So presumably it was a good night and packed to the rafters....

Guest Karen Heath

....which is precisely what I did - only to be told it was "full up" and "ticket only"....First time I've been told that in a few years. I 'spose I could have used my "Yeah I know I am the relief barman" routine, but I didn't think of it at the time....So presumably it was a good night and packed to the rafters....

[/quote

I thought it was on Saturday night...in which case I have slept through into Sunday! Must be because the clocks changed!

Simsy, you didn't answer even though I keep bumping it up!! :yes:

Edited by Karen Heath

Karen you are absolutely right. I thought the "Hammond organ sounds" sounded a bit "odd".

The onset of senile dementia is obviously taking grip faster than I had previously thought.......

Think the previous ones had been on a Friday and that's what confused my simple brain....

I'll get me coat.

==========

Might give this a go myself, do people dance Simsy, or is it more a chat to people kinda place? PM the answer if you'd prefer.

Sherry moved up to Yorkshire I think.

Winnie:-)

Oh yeah, plenty of dancing mate. Be good to see you. wink.gif

Karen remember Bengeo? Lived there 68' - 73'. Nice place to live Hertford. yes.gif

Steve you'll have no probs getting in mate. thumbsup.gif

Guest Karen Heath

Karen you are absolutely right. I thought the "Hammond organ sounds" sounded a bit "odd".

The onset of senile dementia is obviously taking grip faster than I had previously thought.......

Think the previous ones had been on a Friday and that's what confused my simple brain....

I'll get me coat.

Ohhhh-I hate it when that happens! And I bet you had put on aftershave and everything! smile.gif

Guest Karen Heath

Oh yeah, plenty of dancing mate. Be good to see you. wink.gif

Karen remember Bengeo? Lived there 68' - 73'. Nice place to live Hertford. yes.gif

Steve you'll have no probs getting in mate. thumbsup.gif

My best friend lived in Bengeo so perhaps we all went to the cinema to see Bambi at the same time!

I can't come to this one as I have a prior engagement for Tony Smith's birthday but will try on a future date. If you see my old friend Kevin Saunders, give him a kiss from me! thumbsup.gif

Source Advert