Benjamin and the right direction

cementman

Wow! Look at the current auction price of this new release!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Northern-Sweet-Soul-45-BENJAMIN-RIGHT-DIRECTION-Light-Of-My-Life-on-Palmetto-/331996814474?hash=item4d4c8d5c8a:g:whAAAOSwLF1X~DrL

Some were sold in the sales section last week for 15/20 quid

Nice price hike if you've already bought a few. Must be the right time to sell 'em?

Ronnie

Social source share

Must be really difficult for artists and record companies to know how many 45s to get pressed up with each new release, shame they then miss out occasionally when something as good as this takes off and re-sellers end up profiting, rather than the artists and originators of the music. That's the way it's always been I know, probably moreso on the soul collecting side. I thought Daptone had got some more in, as at first the record was quickly showing as sold out when first released a few weeks back at $6 each, then showed in stock again early last week, now sold out again. I can't wait for the LP if one is being finalised. Absolutely brilliant new release this and instant dance floor reaction.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dejazzy1 said:

I spoke to Benjamin the "man" himself a while back and is still available since 2015 . Daptone to my knowledge have not picked it up? I could be wrong?

Link below to buy D

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbenjaminofcherries.bandcamp.com%2Falbum%2Farriving&h=9AQGLRmLX&s=1

Man from Soul has the 12" for sale 20 quid buy that.

Please note the link doesn't seem to connect to anything, and Man from Soul don't appear to have any copies on 12" - in fact can't find any mention of it on 12"

Social source share

1 hour ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Please note the link doesn't seem to connect to anything, and Man from Soul don't appear to have any copies on 12" - in fact can't find any mention of it on 12"

Is there confusion with the Big Lee 12" here?......

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

BENJAMIN steps forth with a deep and introspective take on life and love in their first official full-length album for Cherries. With the leading single “Those Memories” released on 7” vinyl back in November 2015, Benjamin set the stage for their brand of soulful, melodic funk. ‘Hello’, the introduction into the world of BENJAMIN, starts the album and also sets the tone for this unique and timeless album. “I Almost Lost My Faith In Love”, a live, uptempo disco-esque funk jam is sure to ignite dance floors and please fans of 70’s style and modern funksters alike. “This Time” appears in it’s original version, a more raw vocal & guitar heavy take. Benjamin’s musical diversity and range is shown with “Closer”, a beautiful ballad with a slick, swelling synthesizer line and a hard drum machine pattern that will be sure to resonate with boogie & modern soul lovers. “N-E-E-D-L-O-V-E”, is an electro funk jam of the highest caliber. With a retro drum machine, a few synthesizers and a grand piano, Benjamin leaves you with an 80s inspired electro beat, but with a deep and inspiring worldly message. The finale ‘Arriving’ is a growing and building modern funk instrumental that ebbs and flows. It slinks along through your ears and into the future, giving us a feeling that this is just the beginning, and we are all “Arriving” into a new place, a new time, and a brand new sound for Cherries and the world alike. 

ABOUT BENJAMIN  In 2012, a chance meeting at Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn’s iconic Tip Top Lounge grew into the multi-instrumentalist duo that is BENJAMIN. Up until this point, the two existed in eerily parallel worlds but had never met. Ben Pirani and Ben Carey are both sons of the Midwest (Chicago/Minneapolis) who grew up in musical families, founded long-running soul DJ nights (Windy City Soul Club/ Hot Pants MPLS), and independently produced original music. BENJAMIN’s sound stems from a wide range of musical influences grown out of years of DJing, record collecting and playing in various bands since the 1990s. Never confined to just one genre, BENJAMIN is currently working on projects that range from storming Northern Soul to dark Jazz-Rock Fusion. Their upcoming first LP Cherries release “Arriving” zeros in squarely on modern soul and 80’s funk. Stay tuned, as this release is just only a brief foray into the deep musical vaults of BENJAMIN. credits released November 13, 2015

https://benjaminofcherries.bandcamp.com/album/arriving

Edited by mike
post has been tidied up by site and link added
Social source share

9 minutes ago, smudger said:

Does that also go for a record you may have bought for a tenner back in the day and is now worth a small fortune .

I thnk not !

Of course not Martin.......I'm talking new releases like this.

Juno have a 1 per customer policy on limited items.....quite sad that there's a need to do that!  :-(

Hope you're well BTW?

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I'm fine Mark and Juno have the right idea, I just think when the postage is three times the price of the record it makes sense to buy a couple at least. I usually pass on the spare to someone at cost price or there abouts anyway.

When buying from someone in America nowadays i will always look at what else they have and add a couple but they are usually for me.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

8 minutes ago, smudger said:

I'm fine Mark and Juno have the right idea, I just think when the postage is three times the price of the record it makes sense to buy a couple at least. I usually pass on the spare to someone at cost price or there abouts anyway.

When buying from someone in America nowadays i will always look at what else they have and add a couple but they are usually for me.

:thumbsup:

I do completely understand that mate......I think most of us would be inclined to do that as it makes sense.

Suppose based on my take on it, it's just a shame in this instance that the only way of achieving the sensible option is to buy multiple copies of a new, limited release.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!