VOICES OF EAST HARLEM £125...???

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

Just been having a look on a sellers site and Voices of East Harlem - Cashing in is for sale at £125

Am I going mad or since when has this been more than a £30  record? demo or no demo

Edited by Andy Kempster
Social source share

the demo is pretty rare.. if thats £125 thats ok imo.... the issue is around £75 now..... if salvation is worth £150 so should this be imo..its all crazy at the moment..list it at £40 you spend all day answering pms....

And you'd get fed up

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
6 hours ago, dave pinch said:

the demo is pretty rare.. if thats £125 thats ok imo.... the issue is around £75 now..... if salvation is worth £150 so should this be imo..its all crazy at the moment..list it at £40 you spend all day answering pms

I agree with you Dave.  The Demo copies are actually quite hard to find these days. All those issue copies have pretty much dried up now and are in collections and as a rule, it's not something most want to sell is it ? For me, it's always been the benchmark 70s soul record that I judge other sounds by. 

If it passes the "Cashin In" test then it's a great record in my book.....FANTASTIC tune 10 out of 10 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Ivor Jones said:

I agree with you Dave.  The Demo copies are actually quite hard to find these days. All those issue copies have pretty much dried up now and are in collections and as a rule, it's not something most want to sell is it ? For me, it's always been the benchmark 70s soul record that I judge other sounds by. 

If it passes the "Cashin In" test then it's a great record in my book.....FANTASTIC tune 10 out of 10 

T'other side's not to shabby either :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
11 hours ago, geeselad said:

been after and orig of 'wanted dead or alive' fro a while, seems rarer then cashing in.

I think it is harder to find than "Cashing In", never around in the same quantity certainly over here in the UK but maybe thats more to do with the fact that it wasn't an in demand Northern sound and wasn't imported by the dealers like "Cashin In". Its a superb record too isn't it ? Massive on the London "Rare Groove" scene in the mid 80s for anyone who didn't know. Same song as "Beware Of The Stranger" by the Hypnotics [Reprise] and also done by Krystal Generation but the Voices Of East Harlem is the best I think.

Keep searching, it won't break the bank when it does turn up !

Social source share

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 22:35, Dean said:

I was embarrassed to sell a second issue for over £100 over a year ago.  Described it accurately as second issue with supporting photo. Sold it because I'd picked up orig issue for £10. Enjoy the craziness, 

Someone actually paid £150 for a 2nd issue ,I was in disbelief !

https://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaildata.php?itemnr=121694283915

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 22:33, Ivor Jones said:

I think it is harder to find than "Cashing In", never around in the same quantity certainly over here in the UK but maybe thats more to do with the fact that it wasn't an in demand Northern sound and wasn't imported by the dealers like "Cashin In". Its a superb record too isn't it ? Massive on the London "Rare Groove" scene in the mid 80s for anyone who didn't know. Same song as "Beware Of The Stranger" by the Hypnotics [Reprise] and also done by Krystal Generation but the Voices Of East Harlem is the best I think.

Keep searching, it won't break the bank when it does turn up !

thanks ivor, one of the big tunes around the west end clubs, when I was a student in the eighties, love it.

Social source share

Social source share

20 minutes ago, dave pinch said:

I'd be proud of that colouring in .....not gone outside the lines once !!!!!!!!....Fetch me my crayons ......Now!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!