Russoul1

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

15 hours ago, russoul1 said:

hi all, whats the thickest/heaviest slab of vinyl 45 in your collections?

also whats the thinnest/flimsiest vinyl 45?

start off

thickest - commands - don't be afraid to love me - dynamic straight logo

thinnest - bobby wade - flame in my heart - big jim

The thickest I have are Canadian releases on Quality, REO, etc. Think the thinnest would be UK TMG ?

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

I was pondering this the other day used to have a Natural Four ITYWM on ABC which was very thick compared  to a Len Barry I Struck it Rich (pink DECCA demo) which was very thin.

Dave Love Colalined Baby is another one (thick)

Funny its only the vinly pressings that show this the styrene ones seem to be a consistent thickness.

Social source share

4 hours ago, sjclement said:

I was pondering this the other day used to have a Natural Four ITYWM on ABC which was very thick compared  to a Len Barry I Struck it Rich (pink DECCA demo) which was very thin.

Dave Love Colalined Baby is another one (thick)

Funny its only the vinly pressings that show this the styrene ones seem to be a consistent thickness.

The Natural Four ITYWM on ABC is only styrene not vinyl, unless I'm unaware of that ?

Social source share

On 10/18/2016 at 12:01, tlscapital said:

The Natural Four ITYWM on ABC is only styrene not vinyl, unless I'm unaware of that ?

Not true, I Don't have the disc anymore but it was definitely vinyl, all the Impressions' singles and others including Rosey Grier from that period 1968-1970 are on vinyl.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, sjclement said:

Not true, I Don't have the disc anymore but it was definitely vinyl, all the Impressions' singles and others including Rosey Grier from that period 1968-1970 are on vinyl.

Some of those majors as ABC, had runs of some specific numbers pressed in either this or that pressing plant only and then some never on styrene or the other way around accordingly...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!