'Once Upon A Time In Wigan'

grant

Note that Kolla has posted all dates for the Once Upon A Time in Wigan play around the country. Saw it last time round in Manchester and all I can say is if you didnt see it then , get along this time. Its well produced, with good actors and good music, and overall its very funny and light-hearted! A real breath of fresh air from all the crap, moanin and politics that goes on in the scene today. Before anyone even thinks it - NO i am not a promoter of this event - just another satisfied customer who can't wait to go and see it again.

Grant

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dito Grant..............this is a wonderful production and is a must see for all Northern Soul fans, it caputures the passion and the mood of a very special period in the scenes history, you can tell that the plays producer Paul Sadot was infact there first hand, the sound track is awesome.

We will be at the first night in Manchester without question, interesting to note that Ady Croasdell / Kent records will be issuing a CD of the soundtrack in early January featuring many of the records used in the production.

Keep It Real - Mark Bicknell.

thanks for the reply mark, i am sure that our testimonials will speak volumes for the play and its giood that it is being linked to the new century all niters. just a quick note on that, i was very kindly given 2 vip tickets by lee at stockport guild hall last month (we spoke about the droylsden all-niters of old if u remember) sadly due to another (non-soulful) commitment - yes youve guessed -= a xmas bash! i cant go therefore i am sure tha lee wont mind that i put them up for grabs by runing a simple comp. when i djd on 'soul of the night owl' radio show (allfm) yesterday. they are going to a good home and i am sure they will enjoy what will be a unique nite. (remember - if you are lookin for new blood djs - i'm free!!) hope to see u at guild hall on 12/12.

grant

p.s. hit them where u hurt them most - on the decks ! if u know what i mean.