Motown the musical - anyone?

Mike

me and the wife went to see it a  few weeks back, it was packed like already been said if you know the Motown story then this does not run in historical order of when  the songs where released. I thought the show was great, and the singers were very good a specially when they did the temps the 4tops  and the Jackson 5 these or me stole the show it's a great west end show which has the full endorsement of Berry Gordy himself whom was at the u.k. premier when it opened . Highly recommended:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 4 months later...
On 31/10/2016 at 00:30, Drew3 said:

In London to see Dream Girls in Nov.

Think we'll hear much more soulful singing than if we'd picked the Motown show.

Regards.

Drew.

Saw dream girls last month......Amazing.

Amber Riley needs to get a recording contract...........As good as it get for a singer who can belt out a soulful sound. Talk about screaming? took my breath away.

Cop this:

Ed

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Come on guys.

See real artists and listen to vinyl at Blackpool and Whitby to name two.

Why would anyone want to see a bunch of other people singing these songs

As for the story we soul fans know it anyway.

A bit like the Thriller musical. What's the point

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If you ever get the chance to see Amber Riley, take it. Soul singers are soul singers, whether in the past or in the present.

I enjoyed watching the 'new' Contours at Whitby singing the 'old' Contours songs.

MAYBE ITS JUST A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING.........

The dream girls is about the terrible way 'singers' were treated by Mr Gordy and others.

There are no Motown songs to be heard in this musical.

A story worth telling imo.

Ed

Social source share

On 3 March 2017 at 11:56, tomangoes said:

Saw dream girls last month......Amazing.

Amber Riley needs to get a recording contract...........As good as it get for a singer who can belt out a soulful sound. Talk about screaming? took my breath away.

Cop this:

Ed

Indeed Dreamgirls was amazing Ed. Tears in the eyes, hairs on neck stood up and as you say, breath taking!  Three standing ovations during the show we were at! :thumbsup:

Regards.

Drew.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!