Tootsie Rollers Give me love Current Value Please

Soulaction

Our copy has a few issues with it.It has like a stress fracture through it.It has sellotape on the b.side.This is how we bought in in the 80s,and was'nt mentioned by the seller.He must not have noticed.Hmmm.It was about £30 at the time,so we decided to keep it,and not use the seller again.Somebody on here had a want for it,so i messaged explaining the issues it had.We thought about half the going rate,would be fair,say £200 for it.By the way as i explained,the main side plays great,and labels are clean.If you were not bothered about the b.side,it may be for you.Fine for d j ing as they say,or indeed at home.Plays fine on my deck.Anyway he offered me £75 for it,which i thought was far too little.We have no need to sell,was just thinking it might be a cheaper option,if he could not find one.Almost made to feel like i was an idiot for offering.I think most collectors have some wounded 45s,they compromised on.Or sold a pup,like we did

What would anyone think would be a fair price to ask?

Regards Donna.

Edited by soulaction
Social source share

Hi,thanks for your input.It's not as simple as just grading vinyl,like you would a crackly record though is it?It is a bit of a tough one to put a price on.I suppose it depends how much someone wants it.A bit like a ming vase,with a hairline crack in it,or a jackson pollock with a sticker mark on it.Think we will just keep it,and not cause an international incident.Cheers Donna.

Edited by soulaction
Social source share

3 minutes ago, chalky said:

I agree Dave re goldmine but a crack is a crack, mint it maybe but you ain't gonna get mint prices unless someone is desperate...then again there seems to be plenty of those about buying soul records right now.

no i agree chalks..if it 400 mint a hairline crack halfs its price to 200..... 75 is a pisstake imo someone just after summat for nowt and i`m a yorkshireman

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks soulcarp.I have not seen it for sale for ages.And like i said,if not for the tape on the back you would hardly notice.Infact maybe tape could be removed,and cleaned,and that side might play fine as well.We just never had the inclination to try.As i have said it plays great.When you consider people pay top money even for records that play with loads of background noise,it at least plays with good sound.I just felt when i responded to the want,i was made to feel like a chancer.Even though we don't have any real need to sell.I still think about £200 would be fair for it.Appreciate all your input guys.Cheers Donna.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!